Just letting you all know I was able to successfully update OTA without issue.
OTA Voodoo root keeper did it's job.
The steps I took are as follows:
1) Installed safestrap (not necessary but really nice if something goes wrong)
2) unfroze all the bloat
3) Installed OTA voodoo root keeper
4) backed up su (per OTA voodoo)
5) restored all the customised changes I made in sqlite back to it's defaults
4) Installed OTA update from About -> System updates menu
Took about ten minutes in total and the phone is now fully rooted again and I'm freezing the bloat out.