So I thought I'd start this thread as I didn't see one like this yet. The idea here is to post your tips and tricks to extending your battery time. Various things you can do to improve the overall performance of the phone's battery life.
The things I've done on mine which have helped a lot are:
1) Make sure to use Smart Actions with batter saver on
2) Don't use active wall papers
3) Run the screen brightness at it's lowest levels (though auto brightness doesn't seem to impact it that much)
4) disable 4G
5) enable Wifi
6) Make absolutely sure that you register the phone with a google account. Not doing so tends to drain the battery much faster (probably due to bugs in the OS trying to continuously utilise google services that require registration)
7) Closely monitor all apps running, close the ones you're not using
8) Realise that youtube, streaming music services. etc. all sap battery like crazy. Notice the phone getting hot? That nice warming effect is powered by your batter.
What else have you guys found?