DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Sim Card Authorization Error

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Exclamation Sim Card Authorization Error

So i understand Verizon's 4g LTE went down today or the other day. Now my phone says im not authorized for 4g LTE.
    I called and talked to Verizon, they have no idea, so they are sending me a new SIM card(in hopes thats the problem). My SIM card has no damage what so ever. Ive restarted the phone numerous times but that has done nothing. Ive also reseated the SIM card a few times.

The last thing i did before i noticed this problem was i downloaded the LookOut Carrier IQ detector. MSNBC had stated that phones are starting to get keyloggers, so why not check and see if im in the clear. Since i ran that program ive had these problems, the program is no longer on my phone.

Does anyone have any idea's as to what i can do, i do not want to have to re-download my apps and do a whole factory reset.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by sturner91 View Post
    So i understand Verizon's 4g LTE went down today or the other day. Now my phone says im not authorized for 4g LTE.
    I called and talked to Verizon, they have no idea, so they are sending me a new SIM card(in hopes thats the problem). My SIM card has no damage what so ever. Ive restarted the phone numerous times but that has done nothing. Ive also reseated the SIM card a few times.

The last thing i did before i noticed this problem was i downloaded the LookOut Carrier IQ detector. MSNBC had stated that phones are starting to get keyloggers, so why not check and see if im in the clear. Since i ran that program ive had these problems, the program is no longer on my phone.

Does anyone have any idea's as to what i can do, i do not want to have to re-download my apps and do a whole factory reset.

Thanks
    My coworker is having the same problem all they did was open a ticket.. keep me posted if the new sim works

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I had the same problem and took it to store two weeks ago and it was a bad Sim card! Haven't had any problems since then.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2

Thanks

Honestly I'd just wait for and try the new sim card. I know there have been some strange sim card issues with the new 4G phones and this may be one of those. If the sim card doesn't solve the problem, and I'd be surprised if it didn't, then I'd recommend a Factory Data Reset:

These have gotten pretty painless lately by following some simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 3. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

Good luck.

BTW, I think you can drop by any Verizon store a pick up a sim card if you don't want to wait. Just be sure to not let them charge you for it as it is should be free.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    droid Razr
    Call give it a day if nothing then request a new sim its free of charge.
    Yeah... so what if I am a country boy? Ill take whine over beer.... but i prefer Jack or Jim id take either of them over the others... so what just cause i wear boots doesn't mean i don't listen to rock and metal... and yes i live on a farm and own a tractor bigger than my truck (: got a prob?
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR

Thanks
    I just talked to a Verizon rep and this is the result of a Verizon network problem and not the cell phone itself. They are working on fixing it.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    When i talked to tech support they said they'd send me a new sim card. I will be stopping by a Verizon store on my way home just so they have visual evidence as to whats going on.

As of now im waiting on the new sim card till i do a factory reset or anything drastic.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit View Post
    I just talked to a Verizon rep and this is the result of a Verizon network problem and not the cell phone itself. They are working on fixing it.
    With just one post i don't know if i could trust you, because i just got off the phone with a rep less than 30 mins ago... and they said nothing about that lol
    Yeah... so what if I am a country boy? Ill take whine over beer.... but i prefer Jack or Jim id take either of them over the others... so what just cause i wear boots doesn't mean i don't listen to rock and metal... and yes i live on a farm and own a tractor bigger than my truck (: got a prob?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GSIII
    I was just about to post a query on this issue and sure enough someone already started one.

I'm having the same problem too. The odd thing about it is I have my phone set to CDMA only. I've tried re-seating the sim card but the error message comes back after a short while. At least I'm not alone.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I was just about to post a query on this issue and sure enough someone already started one.

I'm having the same problem too. The odd thing about it is I have my phone set to CDMA only. I've tried re-seating the sim card but the error message comes back after a short while. At least I'm not alone.
    ive got the same problem but you think the rep would go "oh hey btw the network is being dumb sorrwzy"
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links