DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Sim Card Authorization Error

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr
    I'm guessing it cycled from South Florida up the coat to the North East then because I had territory, terrible service yesterday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Just got the sim error message too. I'm down in SE texas. Haven't bothered calling tech support yet
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    She told me to wait about an hour....power down and restart.

Don't know what good that will do but she said they are working on the problem so I will try it.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr
    I just tried powering down, waiting, and booting back up to see if the error was gone. After booting up, I had white 4G LTE with no activity for a few minutes then the error came back. I mean honestly, I can deal without 4G for a couple days- wifi is just as fast if not faster than 4G and I'm a college student so everywhere I go has wifi. Situation I was in last night though, that was not OK but I am glad its over.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by tclarktc View Post
    I just tried powering down, waiting, and booting back up to see if the error was gone. After booting up, I had white 4G LTE with no activity for a few minutes then the error came back. I mean honestly, I can deal without 4G for a couple days- wifi is just as fast if not faster than 4G and I'm a college student so everywhere I go has wifi. Situation I was in last night though, that was not OK but I am glad its over.
    Got the same error. Just got back from the Verizon store. Dead Sim Card. However, the 4G LTE network was hiccuping at the same time. I am blaming sunspot EMP.
    Moto X - Designed by me!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_siCkBoy View Post
    I just received this same error about 30 mins. ago. After contacting customer support, I was informed that there is some sort of outage in the northeast area affecting the RAZR phones mostly. I put in a service ticket request and was informed that they hope to have this issue resolved soon. Let's hope so.
    The outage only deals with the 4g not being available, the sim card issue is different. I had my sim card replace too and the error message came back a day later.
    Last edited by swharshbar; 12-07-2011 at 11:39 AM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    I'm in Rochester, NY, and I've had this issue since around or just before 5pm yesterday. But I've noticed another couple of odd quirks other than just the Sim notification and the lack of LTE.

First, and not a big deal but just a curiosity, the Sim notification, when it first pops up, is accompanied by a very bright white LED blinky light. This is the only time I've ever seen the the notification LED turn white. It goes away after the notification is acknowledged.

The other, and far more troubling issue is that on three occasions since the Sim notification first occurred, the capacitive buttons (home, back, menu & search) became wholly unresponsive. They offered no haptic feedback and allowed no interaction with the phone. In all three occurrences restarting the phone fixed that issue. I had never seen this occur before the Sim notification.

Has anyone else with the Sim notification seen a loss of functionality with their capacitive buttons?
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by sand240 View Post
    Just got the sim error message too. I'm down in SE texas. Haven't bothered calling tech support yet
    I just got off the phone with Verizon. There is a known bulletin out on this issue. Apparently they've been working the issue for going on 18 hours now, and as of the last update this morning, they didn't have an ETA on fixing it. I’m going to let this develop before I try to switch out my sim card. At least I got 3G for now.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by swharshbar View Post
    The outage only deals with the 4g not being available, the sim card issue is different.
    Why do you suppose this to be true? Indeed, my error informs me that my "Sim Card may not be authorized for LTE service."

So in one sentence, my phone is telling me that my Sim issue is indeed related to my LTE issue. And this is while my wife is sitting next to me surfing the internet on her Bionic with an LTE connection.

What those people (Verizon CS) are referring to as an "outage," may indeed be a networking issue related to the Sim cards in some way.

It look like we're just going to have to wait it out like the Great GPS Outage of the summer.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    just got mine!!!! arrrgggggg 1245 hrs. now on hold with tech support this sucks
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Links