DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Sim Card Authorization Error

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Hmmm, I hope its a small Verizon glitch. I've not had much success with the Razr since I picked up my first one last Thursday. Immediately after leaving the store with the first one, it took nearly 6 hours to get one email address to work. After I finally got it working (3 hard factory wipes and a day later) I was unable to get my calendar to work. I would enter an appointment, click save and within 10 seconds, the appointment would just disappear. I spent 3 hours on the phone with tech support that night and after reaching level 3, was told to just take the phone back for a replacement. I turned it off for the weekend and yesterday morning when I turned it on, I had three appointments for every one I entered on the phone. Yeehah. I tried deleting the calendar from Google Calendar and factory resetting the phone again. This worked for about 2 hours.

I turned the phone off again in disgust.

An hour later, I turned it on only to have an uncontrolled alarm constantly ringing and it couldn't be turned off in any way, other than by turning the phone off.

Fortunately, the level 3 tech put a note in my file to replace the phone when I walked into the verizon store. I did that last night and after an hour, I had a new phone. Came home last night, set it all up and it seemed like I got what I originally wanted, a state of the art, 4G superfast phone.

Till about 3pm today when I got the SIM card authorization error.

I stopped in the Verizon store again and they were clueless....tech reseated my SIM card and said, I dunno, if it happens again, please drive 20 miles roundtrip again and we'll replace the card.

Jokingly, as I left the store, I told everyone I'd see them tomorrow.

Looks like it wasn't a joke, I have the SIM card authorization warning again.

My point here is to ask members of this forum......is this really a good phone or did I buy another "test" that's going to cost me in time and gas getting fixes from Verizon.......like when I bought the Blackberry Storm a few years ago ???

Thanks. Need some confidence.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Yeap, happend to me too an hour ago. Must be the network.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by satarecah View Post
    With just one post i don't know if i could trust you, because i just got off the phone with a rep less than 30 mins ago... and they said nothing about that lol
    No, tech support told me the same thing, that it is a network issue not my phone. But what gets me is my girlfriend is sitting next to me with a Razr and hers gets 4g???? Maybe the numbers got wiped out and need to be reactivated?
    Dan
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Im having the same issue here too. I'm not even getting 3G service anymore just white bars. Just got back from the Verizon store after they reactivated my sim. Phone can make calls but no 3g or blue bars just white bars. Strange
    Last edited by Baseballd2; 12-06-2011 at 05:14 PM.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr
    @sdb010:
    My Razr works flawlessly, rooted, backed up, and bootstrapped. SIM card is a network thing, 3g and everything else is ok. 4g is down, is all. Sounds like you got a major lemon, dude! Get a new, not refurbished, unit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid razr
    Hi guys I have a rooted razr too. I'm in the buffalo ny area. I have had the same problem. i went to the verizon store yesterday and they basicly too my sim card out and put it back in. they rebooted the phone and it worked until today. I got the same error again. I called tech support they just created a ticket. once again i took out the sim card and rebooted and it works. I hope they find the problem soon this is a pain in the a**
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr
    My wife's Razr just started showing this error but mine hasn't yet started showing anything. A quick call to VZW and they tell me there is an open 'alert'/ticket as of 555pm today about this error on Razrs in the northeast region. No updates yet or ETR. Told me my account is now linked to the master ticket but there is no way to get an update aside from calling in.
    In my case, I don't see 3G working either. FWIW, we are near Boston MA.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Same thing with me. No 3g or LTE. It comes up for a couple of seconds and then drops off again.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Thx einsteindks....I did get a brand new one to replace the possessed one. I am glad to hear the SIM card is not just me.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsteindks View Post
    @sdb010:
    My Razr works flawlessly, rooted, backed up, and bootstrapped. SIM card is a network thing, 3g and everything else is ok. 4g is down, is all. Sounds like you got a major lemon, dude! Get a new, not refurbished, unit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    4G has been working fine all day today and yesterday.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links