DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2.3.5 Razr Bugs list

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I've not had any of these problems. My problem is My Apps, in the Market,isn't there. I'm told it might be Google's problem. Other than that, the phone connects to my car unit and works like my old Razr. The og Droid wouldn't connect without fiddling. I sometimes have a problem with the screen rotation not working unless I turn the phone 180 degrees.Then it works.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Thumbs down mobile data widget invisble

I have a recurring problem with the data connection widget. It keeps disappearing. After three or four reboots, it is displayed eventually. If it is invisible, you cannot ad another one to the screen.

Anyone with similar problems?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by cfaber View Post
    So I've noticed the following issues with this new (rooted) Razr running 2.3.5, what issues have you been seeing? Here is what I've found in the short amount of time I've had with this phone:

Speaker phone doesn't always start
    In some cases such as starting speaker phone prior to dialling, or while dialling the speaker phone will indicate that it is on (with a green hash vs a grey one), however the only audio from the phone will remain though the prior ear speaker.

A simple work around to this is to disable and re-enable it.

Speaker phone quits during a call
    In some cases it's possible to have the speaker phone quit during a call. This results in audio being routed to the primary ear piece rather than though the speaker phone. I've experienced this a few times, in all cases while checking email or browsing with the primary browser.

Simply switching back to the call and re-enabling it fixes the issue

Conference calling is unreliable
    If you are currently connected and talking to someone, then 'Add call', prior to ringing actually starting the 'Merge' button will appear. If selected right away the call you attempted to merge will have no audio though. They will be able to hear you and your first call but no one can hear them.

When this happens it's not possible to unmerge the call, you must hang up completely to fix it.

Additionally the dialler application can completely fail if the person who you tried to add to the call calls in. This results in the dialer completely failing and all calls being dropped. This behaviour appears to be some what random, as sometimes it closes, other times it just locks up and the call continues with the first participant.

Primary browser crashes randomly
    Occasionally the primary web browser will crash without warning. This is a bit annoying but not critical as it restarts right away.

Speaker phone randomly shuts off when adjusting volume control
    I received a call, and answered it, right away I enabled speaker phone. The speaker phone worked fine until I went to raise the volume. Upon hitting the volume up button the speaker phone stopped working (even though still indicating it was on) I disabled/enabled it again and it worked fine throughout the rest of the call.

Touch screen stops functioning after calling voicemail
    In some cases the touch screen will stop functioning properly after calling voice mail. This can be fixed by completely shutting down and starting back up again.

Constant unlock tone / ring tone after unlocking
    If the unlock tone is enabled, upon initially unlocking the phone after power up you can experience a constant alert / ring tone until the phone is locked and unlocked again. To fix this just lock/unlock or disable unlock tone.

Smart Actions: turn screen off is buggy
    If you're running smart actions with the turn screen off feature it will sometimes timeout the screen within seconds of unlocking the phone. To fix this simply disable the turn screen off feature in smart actions.

Internal and External Speaker Crackle
    In some cases both the internal and external speakers can crackle while using them. It's believed that this issue might be related to the enhanced output modes over-driving the speakers. This is mostly seen at 100% volume or on very bass heavy audio (deep voice, etc). Try disabling the enhanced output. If this fails to fix the issue and you are experiencing this at lower volumes it's possible that you have a blown internal or external speaker.

Event Alert tone seems to reactivate on each new email received
    This may not be a bug so much as a feature but it's annoying. If you've got an event pending and you view it but not clear it from your pull down menu it will result in the event alert tone sounding each time a new email is received.

Email syncing seems some what random
    One issue I've noticed is that it seems the phone doesn't always sync emails from either google or my corporate email box. I notice this beacuse when I unlock the phone all of a sudden it starts syncing, even though it was scheduled to sync every (x) minutes.

What other issues have you guys been seeing?
    Wow, of all the "issues" you described, can't say I have any of these issues with my RAZR...maybe you got a lemon??
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by cfaber View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, however I was running into these problems prior to rooting it as well. I just included that as additional information.
    I don't believe you experienced these problems before root...haven't had any of the issues you described. I'm not rooted BTW. Good luck!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I have had my phone from release and since then I have had the phone randomly reboot 3 or four times and it has been during a call each time. My next problem would be that accessing the internet via the hotspot there are web sites that will not load due to the amount of content on them. I have confirmed this with Verizon techs as they have gotten the information from Motorola. Still like the phone, battery is fine for me and my usage lasts all day.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Updated with recent HDMI issues i've seen.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links