DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Headphone Jack and other issues...

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by satarecah View Post
    this almost seems a razr bash post but i will try and fix your problem non the less.... are the headphones supported by the razr? my zagg ones are and they work awesome... ok second part did you try other headphones to see if you got a faulty device this dose happen you know? As far as the battery goes.... for god sakes if your running a dual core (ANY DUAL CORE CHEWS POWER TWICE AS FAST AS SINGLE EVEN THE 4S) so moderate music use will make you need a charge before bed i listen to music for atleast 2 hours a day up to about 5 i don't seem to have a problem at all i don't expect the thing to run with out a charge for a week as it isnt possible for any phone to do that... So maybe its a faulty device get that checked into... but the battery tends to lean towards faulty user thinking their *CELL PHONE* is a psp...

Im sorry if i come off as a bit "bite your head off sh.... down your throat" its just ive been hearing alot of this faulty battery stuff saying it dosent last 10 hours..... it just gets a little annoying when im trying to figure out if they have a problem then bam they say "game" i just face roll to my desk... if it seems you have a legit problem you should contact Verizon as it is a expansive device you should expect good coming outa it
    What is said here is so true. I have been extremely pleased with the battery life on the RAZR. I am perhaps not using it to the extent that others are, and I certainly have at least two advantages over many who note the battery power as being a problem. I have a car mount (and always have used one), and when I am traveling to and fro, the phone is ALWAYS in the mount. Even a half-hour trip in the car is enough to boost the battery by a significant percentage. It fully charges in about an hour in the car. Also, there's the USB cable off my computer at work, and again the phone is attached when at my desk. At home, there is a charger next to my recliner, and when I go to bed, there's one on my night stand. The phone is being replenished between 5 and as many as 8-10 times a day.

I also wish to mention that it is actually better to charge Lithium Ion batteries in multiple shorter periods of time than it is to let it run completely down and then charge completely, as it will last longer (lifespan of the actual battery, not how long a charge lasts), with frequent shorter charges. Still, I do go many times for longer durations without any replenishing of power - sometimes 10 hours or more, so even in those times I've been impressed that the phone still showed as much as 40-50% of remaining charge.

The old adage, "Your results may vary" applies here. There isn't one phone that's right for everyone, nor is there one battery that gives every user the needed tether-free power. You must admit though, that Motorola has done extremely well at bridging the gap here, by both making a thinner phone than anyone else, with a dual-core processor that's crushing the benchmarks, a screen that's by my account beautiful (Pentile or not), and incorporating the Smart Actions tool that is by nearly everyone's account a tremendously powerful feature and manages to squeeze every ounce of energy out of that battery without sacrificing productive processing speed and useability.

Man, I would love to be a fly on the wall of a house with iPhones, and hear what they say about them when they act up, or when they want a feature or capability and find it's not available for their phone (but is for Android phones), or that they will have to pay for the app to perform the same function that there are plenty of free versions in Android which do the same thing. It seems that Apple mongers don't want to complain because it's not politically correct or they'll be considered outcasts or something. I am so glad I never drank that cool-aide.
    SallyC likes this.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidatic View Post
    I'll chime in on the battery life. 12 hours on a 4G device is bad? What were you expecting

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Ditto!!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr XT910
    I'm in Australia and we don't use the 4g network. taking it back today due to the wobbly jack, will grab another razr and if buttons work will keep, but well see.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubbly View Post
    I'm in Australia and we don't use the 4g network. taking it back today due to the wobbly jack, will grab another razr and if buttons work will keep, but well see.
    Wow, I hope this "wobbly jack" is really only a minor manufacturer's defect in some. I get a very snug fit of the headphone plug on mine, not loose, not wobbly, no crackling or disconnect causing the music to pause, absolutely nothing. I'd take it back and bring the headphones with. Show it to the rep and then do a side-by-side. Hopefully this one's a lemon and your next is an ACE!!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr XT910
    I dont think it will be a common issue at all, the jack on my headphones is quite long so when in my pocket it must put a bit of pressure on the jack. To be honest, I dont think I could use an iPhone again...
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Just thought I'd put my case in on this matter. Battery life is a common issue. I HATED it at first. AT FIRST! But....(calms downs).. after a few calibrations and cycles I am loving it. 16 hrs HEAVY usage with 15% percent left.
    As for the jack. Mines great. But at you said. Yours protrudes and causes pressure. I might get a angled jack head phones just in case. The static is cause by 4g and switching to 3g solves this.
    Love this phone!

BEAMED from my DROID RAZR.
    I HATE to see people go unanswered!
    Appreciate my help?Like it !D
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr XT910
    Thanks MonkeyMouth, how long did it take to calibrate your battery and get to 16hrs?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Well I've been tinkering with my phone since release. So about 2 weeks. Smart actions is key. So is freezing bloatware and using autostart start to hunt down background processes.

I am using 4g. 14hrs so far. And the phone isn't hot at all.
    Perfect I say.

BEAMED from my DROID RAZR!
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMouth View Post
    Well I've been tinkering with my phone since release. So about 2 weeks. Smart actions is key. So is freezing bloatware and using autostart start to hunt down background processes.

I am using 4g. 14hrs so far. And the phone isn't hot at all.
    Perfect I say.

What is autostart and how do you freeze bloatware with the Razr?
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Autostart is an app from the market that logs process changes and allows to disable them.

Freezing apps is a term.
    It means to change the system app. From apk to bpk.
    This causes the android system not to recognize it, thus not loading it.

Fyi you must be rooted. For autostart and freezing to work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links