DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Possible fix for screen turning off

  1. Junior Droid
    bamacooner's Avatar
    Member #
    233181
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Droid bionic
    #1

    Possible fix for screen turning off

    For those experiencing screen shutting off unexpectedly try unchecking the in pocket detection feature. I did this about 2 days ago and so far all is good now.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. MasterChiefB117's Avatar
    Member #
    235523
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    30
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by bamacooner View Post
    For those experiencing screen shutting off unexpectedly try unchecking the in pocket detection feature. I did this about 2 days ago and so far all is good now.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Funny was gonna post something up on this...
    Pretty much when its checked, the sensors will detect how much light there is in it surrounding area, Obviously, its dark in your pocket so if by chance you cover the light sensors, the phone will but turn off. But good find. I am about to post some vids on my Youtube page about every known issue that the Droid Razr has. You'll be surprised what I've found.
  4. Senior Droid
    jtpowell's Avatar
    Member #
    235779
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cincninnati, OH
    Posts
    173
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChiefB117 View Post
    Funny was gonna post something up on this...
    Pretty much when its checked, the sensors will detect how much light there is in it surrounding area, Obviously, its dark in your pocket so if by chance you cover the light sensors, the phone will but turn off. But good find. I am about to post some vids on my Youtube page about every known issue that the Droid Razr has. You'll be surprised what I've found.
    I was laying in bed with the phone still but using the screen and it would shut off. I blame pocket detection which is now off.
  5. MasterChiefB117's Avatar
    Member #
    235523
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    30
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jtpowell View Post
    I was laying in bed with the phone still but using the screen and it would shut off. I blame pocket detection which is now off.
    Yeah I hated that the most I thought my screen was being retarded and go figure I have a tendency to leave to cover my phone in such a way that it would cover the sensor and it turns off. Had to in check it

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. screen not turning on?
    By mattm in forum Droid Bionic Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 03:50 AM
  2. Screen Not Turning On?
    By Xplorer4x4 in forum Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 02:36 AM
  3. Screen Not Turning On?
    By Nomik in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 11:36 AM
  4. Screen not turning on plz help
    By Ivann in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 09:40 PM
  5. Screen is turning ON by itself.
    By CRJ700 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 11:26 AM

Search tags for this page

android screen turn off unexpectedly
,
disable pocket detection droid2
,
droid 2 global in pocket detection
,
droid 2 global screen turns off
,

droid 2 global turn off pocket detection

,

droid bionic screen shuts off

,
droid razr shuts off
,

droid razr turns off by itself

,
droid2 global turns off in pocket
,
razr turns off unexpectadely
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+