DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Wi-fi/4G problems

  1. Droid Newbie
    Theche's Avatar
    Member #
    235889
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #1

    Wi-fi/4G problems

    I got my Razr on release day and all is working well except for some connection issues. This problem may be a little hard to explain but I will do my best because I definitely need some help! I am able to connect to both wifi and 4g but for some reason it will not work sometimes even if it says I am connected. The problem appears to be occurring when the wifi and/or 4g icons at the top of the screen are not highlighted in a blue color. It seems like I am connected to the network/wifi but it is not "using" the connection. When the icons are not highlighted in a blue color, they are gray which is when it is not working. Is this a known problem that can be fixed or no? Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Newbie
    JessyK408's Avatar
    Member #
    236236
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Droid RAZR XT912
    #2

    Someone help!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Theche View Post
    I got my Razr on release day and all is working well except for some connection issues. This problem may be a little hard to explain but I will do my best because I definitely need some help! I am able to connect to both wifi and 4g but for some reason it will not work sometimes even if it says I am connected. The problem appears to be occurring when the wifi and/or 4g icons at the top of the screen are not highlighted in a blue color. It seems like I am connected to the network/wifi but it is not "using" the connection. When the icons are not highlighted in a blue color, they are gray which is when it is not working. Is this a known problem that can be fixed or no? Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
    I just created an account to get in on this thread because my RAZR has started to display this issue. When WIFI is off, there is no problem and the 4GLTE symbol is in blue. As soon as I turn WIFI back on, however, the network data icon immediately switches over to grey and then after a second or so the WIFI icon shows up next to the network data icon also in grey. If I turn the WIFI back off, the network data is good to go again.

    I have tried deleting the WIFI information, changing the WAP, restarting the phone multiple times, tried switching over to 3g before starting up WIFI again, and I have gone through every single setting I can find. No luck. This is so frustrating because the phone has been flawless up until now.
  4. Junior Droid
    adil's Avatar
    Member #
    236139
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #3
    I have the same problem and I'm pretty sure Motorola knows about this issue already. I'm planning to complain at VZW if the next update dots not resolve this.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  5. Droid Newbie
    JessyK408's Avatar
    Member #
    236236
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Droid RAZR XT912
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by adil View Post
    I have the same problem and I'm pretty sure Motorola knows about this issue already. I'm planning to complain at VZW if the next update dots not resolve this.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    What makes you say that Moto knows about this issue? I wasn't able to find it anywhere.
  6. Junior Droid
    kenoshabrew's Avatar
    Member #
    101745
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    29
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JessyK408 View Post
    I just created an account to get in on this thread because my RAZR has started to display this issue. When WIFI is off, there is no problem and the 4GLTE symbol is in blue. As soon as I turn WIFI back on, however, the network data icon immediately switches over to grey and then after a second or so the WIFI icon shows up next to the network data icon also in grey. If I turn the WIFI back off, the network data is good to go again.

    I have tried deleting the WIFI information, changing the WAP, restarting the phone multiple times, tried switching over to 3g before starting up WIFI again, and I have gone through every single setting I can find. No luck. This is so frustrating because the phone has been flawless up until now.
    So this, in effect, is causing you to put all your data through 4G instead of wifi? There has to be a lot of people out there without unlimited data still and this could really push them over their quotas if that's the case. Since Verizon *seems* to know about the issue, I would hope they would credit someone's account. If you have a rep tell you they know about the issue, than for GOD'S SAKE get their name, time you called them, and even their exention if you can. Make sure you tell them to note on your account it is a known issue. If you want to really be safe ask to speak to a supervisor and get their name and time called as well. If this is a widespread issue people WILL go over their data unintentionally - it's just a matter of time.

    --kenoshabrew
  7. Senior Droid
    WsW-WYATT-EARP's Avatar
    Member #
    130337
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthEastern Wisconsin
    Posts
    197
    Phone
    Droid X
    #6
    This isn't limited to the razor. My droid x is doing the same thing. If my network symbols are blue I am good to go. But if I let it go to sleep, come back and it's white and can't connect to anything data related. I read it is an issue syncing to your google account?

    Most of the time for me it is a restart of the phone. Now I have an app "restart connections" that takes care of it. I had a heck of a time connecting to my wifi at home lately.... Glitch in gb?

    A link to some info
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-x/89496-blue-3g-vs-white-3g-indicator.html

    More info
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/52862

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
    Last edited by WsW-WYATT-EARP; 11-18-2011 at 12:27 AM.
  8. Droid Newbie
    snoopdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    236471
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    #7
    I have the same problem on my Razr. I'll be doing something and notice that I'm on 3G for no reason. I restart my phone and I'm back on 4lte. Thanks for the app suggestion. 'Restart Connections' seems to be the fix until Verizon/Motorola get this fixed.
  9. Senior Droid
    WsW-WYATT-EARP's Avatar
    Member #
    130337
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthEastern Wisconsin
    Posts
    197
    Phone
    Droid X
    #8
    It was just ironic to run across this thread last night about 30 min after I googled for it.

    Glad the app does the trick for ya

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  10. Droid Newbie
    spookiewon's Avatar
    Member #
    238335
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    #9
    Oh, it absolutely isn't unique to the RAZR. In fact, I was pretty dismayed to find this thread, because my Bionic had this issue and Verizon replaced it with a RAZR because (they said) it WOULDN'T have this issue. And so far (only one day) it doesn't. I'm crossing my fingers, but I believe from conversations with various people at Verizon, that it affects all models of 4G Motorola/Verizon phones running Gingerbread, as it appears to be in the network stack.
  11. Junior Droid
    Delkomatic's Avatar
    Member #
    140762
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Droid X
    #10

    same problem but easy quick fix

    I fix long press on the power button and airplane mode then long press again on power to turn air plan mode off it brings 4g right back I find that I have the most problem in place where I have "weak" 4g services if that makes sense. I hope to god they fix it I find up top my little 4g and 3 g symbols completely disappear which is awesome but that's technology for ya pay an arm and a leg for it and only get half an arms worth of product out of it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 0 problems before root, will i have problems after?
    By Russ2387 in forum Thunderbolt Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 10:39 AM
  2. Phonemypc Problems and potential problems
    By suliman in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 12:46 AM
  3. my problems with the X so far
    By slvrncld in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 08:46 PM
  4. 2 day in now having problems
    By mha in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 08:41 AM
  5. More problems...
    By mapexvenus in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 11:45 PM

Search tags for this page

droid razr 4g grey
,
droid razr m problems
,
droid razr m wifi problems
,

droid razr wifi issues

,
droid razr wifi problem
,

droid razr wifi problems

,
droid razr xt912 4g problems
,

motorola razr 4g problems

,
my 4g isn't working
,
verizon droid razor 4g greyed
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+