DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Notification Volume on ICS and other issues with ICS

  1. Junior Droid
    emarioc's Avatar
    Member #
    147200
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #1

    Arrow Notification Volume on ICS and other issues with ICS

    Well, here we go again. Went to ICS, I was using Llama to control all my volumes with all kinds of great rules I have built up... ICS has now tied Ringer Volume to Notification Volume SO the Lama she is not able to make it work anymore... Looked around on the market for a replacement, there seem to be one possibility - ICS Enhanced Ringer Control, but no scheduling like Llama so I have to remember to change my settings, also no profiles as far as I can tell. Hoping others will create apps like Llama that work with ICS. Smart Actions, well, IMHO NOT Smart...

    Summary:

    ICS does not fix the Haptic Feedback Issue
    ICS Breaks the ability to control volumes with available Apps
    ICS has a Status Bar that is DIM and Blurry
    ICS Consumes more battery then GB

    How we doing so far?


    The quest continues...
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    spalding12's Avatar
    Member #
    7267
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    258
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by emarioc View Post
    Well, here we go again. Went to ICS, I was using Llama to control all my volumes with all kinds of great rules I have built up... ICS has now tied Ringer Volume to Notification Volume SO the Lama she is not able to make it work anymore... Looked around on the market for a replacement, there seem to be one possibility - ICS Enhanced Ringer Control, but no scheduling like Llama so I have to remember to change my settings, also no profiles as far as I can tell. Hoping others will create apps like Llama that work with ICS. Smart Actions, well, IMHO NOT Smart...

    Summary:

    ICS does not fix the Haptic Feedback Issue
    ICS Breaks the ability to control volumes with available Apps
    ICS has a Status Bar that is DIM and Blurry
    ICS Consumes more battery then GB

    How we doing so far?


    The quest continues...
    happy to have ICS in "CUE"
    not planning on installing it any time soon
    please keep us informed
    Greg
    Clearwater, FL

    Droid RAZR Maxx
  4. Droid
    Dunc's Avatar
    Member #
    36287
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    73
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by emarioc View Post
    ICS has now tied Ringer Volume to Notification Volume
    These two items are independent of each other. I would like to know how to make them tied because it's really annoying having a smart action set to reduce ringer volume for work but having to manually adjust the notification volume.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Notification Volume on ICS and other issues with ICS-screenshot_2012-07-02-08-40-30.png  
  5. Junior Droid
    Justinr931's Avatar
    Member #
    269294
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    razr Maxx
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    These two items are independent of each other. I would like to know how to make them tied because it's really annoying having a smart action set to reduce ringer volume for work but having to manually adjust the notification volume.
    I agree. Does anyone have a solution for this?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  6. Junior Droid
    Justinr931's Avatar
    Member #
    269294
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    razr Maxx
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinr931 View Post
    I agree. Does anyone have a solution for this?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Llama app seems to work well.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  7. Droid
    Rogus's Avatar
    Member #
    258825
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    These two items are independent of each other. I would like to know how to make them tied because it's really annoying having a smart action set to reduce ringer volume for work but having to manually adjust the notification volume.
    I have a SA that turns the ringer to silent. I just tested it to make sure and I also don't get any notification sounds when this SA is triggered.
  8. Droid Newbie
    erroyer's Avatar
    Member #
    278652
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    HTC Rezound Verizon
    #7
    Apparently ICS affects different phones differently. For my HTC Rezound on Verizon, I can no longer have my phone ringer on and my notifications off. The two are now tied together. They can both be on or both be totally off. In order for me to leave my ringer on at night to receive emergency calls, I must tolerate getting awakened during the night when an email arrives. But some of you are complaining about the opposite, so ICS must affect different phones differently.

    I find various other things about ICS somewhat annoying, but this one is by far the most troublesome. Before the ICS upgrade I was toying with the idea of getting a new phone. Now I'm seriously considering that option, but I will spent a lot of time trying out a potential new phone in the store before actually buying it. I don't want to spend a bunch of money (Like on an Android phone with Jelly Bean) and find it has the same problems as ICS does.
  9. Droid
    boostedf4's Avatar
    Member #
    108817
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    37
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    #8
    This is something I have been trying to fix since getting ics and I've had no luck so far. I'll look into Llama but am not holding my breath

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  10. Droid Newbie
    kanga's Avatar
    Member #
    312555
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    #9
    I have the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S3 with ICS - setting the phone to vibrate or mute doesn't affect the notification sound, which has to be changed separately.
    I know it can work with this model because my co-workers have the exact same phone and it works fine for them.

    I think it started after I installed and uninstalled the profile scheduler application

    Does anyone have a solution for this? it is extremely annoying..

    Thanks..

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Ringer and Notification volume
    By Josefius in forum Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 09:59 AM
  2. SMS notification volume
    By NickWBurns in forum HTC ThunderBolt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 08:06 AM
  3. Control notification volume with volume button?
    By SirVilhelm in forum Team D1-MIUI
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 11:42 PM
  4. Notification volume and ringtone volume
    By loveisdead30 in forum Bugless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 10:33 AM
  5. Notification Volume Low?
    By RPA-DROID in forum Droid Incredible Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 03:39 PM

Search tags for this page

droid razr maxx volume control

,
droid razr maxx volume problems
,
droid razr notification volume
,

droid razr notification volume issues

,

ics volume control

,

razr ics notification volume

,
razr maxx notification volume
,
razr maxx volume issue
,

smart actions notification volume

,
volume control ics
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+