DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: texting with voice search problem

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

texting with voice search problem

With previous versions of voice search I've been able to say "send text to Joe" and a text window pops up with Joe in the to field and the cursor waiting at the message field. A microphone would be on the right side and I could click it and dictate a text message. With ICS voice search I say "send text to Joe" or "text to Joe" and "to Joe" appears in the message field and the to field is blank. I can say "send text" and a blank text message pops up ready to be used but that's as close as I can get. Typing in the "to" field does pop up the correct contact rather quickly so it is searching my address book but it's not inputting contacts using voice. I can say "message to self, blah blah blah" and it mails it off so voice search is working sort of. Sending texts without typing is a great feature, can it be fixed? Did a FDR and cleared caches as well as defaults on voice search just in case it might help. Didn't change anything.

I expect an update will be required to fix this, can someone recommend an alternative that allows voice to texting that can be used on the road with ease?
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by tdelon View Post
    With previous versions of voice search I've been able to say "send text to Joe" and a text window pops up with Joe in the to field and the cursor waiting at the message field. A microphone would be on the right side and I could click it and dictate a text message. With ICS voice search I say "send text to Joe" or "text to Joe" and "to Joe" appears in the message field and the to field is blank. I can say "send text" and a blank text message pops up ready to be used but that's as close as I can get. Typing in the "to" field does pop up the correct contact rather quickly so it is searching my address book but it's not inputting contacts using voice. I can say "message to self, blah blah blah" and it mails it off so voice search is working sort of. Sending texts without typing is a great feature, can it be fixed? Did a FDR and cleared caches as well as defaults on voice search just in case it might help. Didn't change anything.

I expect an update will be required to fix this, can someone recommend an alternative that allows voice to texting that can be used on the road with ease?
    Same problem here. Voice Commands doesn't work as well with ICS.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    when you click the voice search say who you want to send the message to and say the message all in one command. dont wait for the box to pop up after you say who you want to send it to
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
    when you click the voice search say who you want to send the message to and say the message all in one command. dont wait for the box to pop up after you say who you want to send it to
    I've tried everything many times. If I say, "send text" to xxx and keep talking, all the typing goes under the message: field and the To: field is left blank. If I say only "send text to xxxxxx" it still goes under "message" and nothing is in the To: field.

All of these contacts are in my phone and all of them are currently in a text conversation stored on phone.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Say text xxxx then continue with the message.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by littamomto4 View Post
    Say text xxxx then continue with the message.
    Still no luck, it all goes to "message." I'm having other issues, too, with Google Navigation. That problem is being addressed more on Moto's forum as I didn't get any help here where I prefer. Thanks for trying. I'll report when issue is fixed. May just need a factory reset, but I'll wait till it's confirmed that I need to do that.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    XT912
    I am having this exact problem. no matter what I do, everything I say including who I want the text to go to it ALL goes into the message body.... laaaaaaammmeeee
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    check under options and make sure you have the language set properly.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    droid razr
    Quote Originally Posted by tdelon View Post

This has been discussed previously and no solution ever found (that I'm aware of). Seems it only affects some phones, others say theirs work fine. .211 OTA, .215, rooted, stock, it seems indiscriminate in who has the problem. Last time we discussed it, I looked at the video from moto touting this feature and did the exact same syntax that the video used and no luck. Exact same results as you have.

Other commands such as "call" does a google search for recipient instead of my searching the "people" app, and if I am not quick enough, I will be dialing a doctor in Chicago, lawyer in New York, or whoever google thinks is the best match for the search term "Stephen", "John", or whatever name I am trying to call. This is all with stock apps. Frustrating, now I use the voice search just for internet searches, as this seems to be the one thing it always wants to do anyways. Please post if you find a solution, I've given up!
    JB

Droid Forums, Droid RAZR Forum, sharpenin' the cuttin' edge of technology.
    After all, it ain't rocket surgery!!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    XT912
    Lol jaybogg. I have the same problems. The phone searches elsewhere instead of my contacts when I use the voice call feature
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links