DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: LTE off?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    razr maxx

LTE off?

I live in an area that has NO LTE. Is there an app that kills LTE only and keeping 3G on?

3. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Yes: LTE OnOFF - HTC Thunderbolt

It can also be done manually without an app: [How To] Enable 3G only mode
    Last edited by bsweetness; 06-30-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    razr maxx
    What is going to happen with the phone set at "Global" in an area that has only 3G?
  5. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    What is going to happen with the phone set at "Global" in an area that has only 3G?
    You'll just have 3G, although the LTE radio will still be active.

Global mode enables the GSM radio for international roaming. In the U.S., it will have absolutely no impact on how your 3G/LTE radios operate. Global mode does not turn LTE off. The phone will act as though it's in LTE/CDMA mode.

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    razr maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    You'll just have 3G, although the LTE radio will still be active.

Global mode enables the GSM radio for international roaming. In the U.S., it will have absolutely no impact on how your 3G/LTE radios operate. Global mode does not turn LTE off. The phone will act as though it's in LTE/CDMA mode.
    Will having it set at Global use more battery? With GB, I was able to turn off LTE and only use the 3G radio. I want to set my maxx to save as much battery as possible.
  7. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    Will having it set at Global use more battery? With GB, I was able to turn off LTE and only use the 3G radio. I want to set my maxx to save as much battery as possible.
    It's possible that it does, and it's possible that it doesn't. If you're trying to save as much battery life as possible with the radios, put your phone in the 3G only mode via one of the methods I posted above. If you don't want to do either of those, just put it in CDMA/LTE mode.

8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Phone
    note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness
    Yes: LTE OnOFF - HTC Thunderbolt

It can also be done manually without an app: [How To] Enable 3G only mode
    Lte on/off works great, the setting to use is cdma auto (prl) this is my batt after 6 hrs of use,

LTE off?-forumrunner_20120630_143054.png

point of origin
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Something that I noticed today not sure if it has been mentioned before, but I did a hard reset on the phone and it put that option back to default. I had to dial in and change it back to the CDMA auto mode from the LTE/CDMA/Global. Just an FYI

Links