DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Update Failed

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I'm gonna flash the stock software with the droid razr utility first thing in the morning. I'll update with the results.
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by strange27 View Post
    I'm gonna flash the stock software with the droid razr utility first thing in the morning. I'll update with the results.
    Yeah I'm downloading that right now, gonna try it myself. If that doesn't work, then it has to be the phone itself that is the problem. People have had zero problems with it being rooted and going into ICS, so there's nothing we could have done to make it do this.

Edit: Currently downloading ICS.. results will be posted as soon as I get it.

Edit 2: YES. It didn't fail this time. Still installing, but it didn't stop where it usually did when it failed. Can't wait to have a taste of that Ice Cream Sandwich.

Edit 3: Got everything running on ICS.. just finished redownloading every app I had on GB. I missed backing up my text messages though.. oh well. Anyway, Matt's Droid RAZR Utility did the trick. I imagine it is a definite fix to any 'Update Failed' problems.
    Last edited by AndroidKachi7; 06-30-2012 at 04:55 AM.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidKachi7 View Post
    Yeah I'm downloading that right now, gonna try it myself. If that doesn't work, then it has to be the phone itself that is the problem. People have had zero problems with it being rooted and going into ICS, so there's nothing we could have done to make it do this.

Edit: Currently downloading ICS.. results will be posted as soon as I get it.

Edit 2: YES. It didn't fail this time. Still installing, but it didn't stop where it usually did when it failed. Can't wait to have a taste of that Ice Cream Sandwich.

Edit 3: Got everything running on ICS.. just finished redownloading every app I had on GB. I missed backing up my text messages though.. oh well. Anyway, Matt's Droid RAZR Utility did the trick. I imagine it is a definite fix to any 'Update Failed' problems.
    Do you mind writing step-by-step what you did?? Please don't send me to the Matt's Utility thread, I always get confused of what to do with me phone (how to clear the cache and what not and when to start the prompt, and that thread is so deep that I've taken days flipping back and forth pages... Please just tell me step-by-step (like I'm dumb) instructions on exactly what you did..... I would be very, very grateful.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    This is good news. I'm about to flash now. BiggWill, did you use the utility to root your phone previously?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    No, I had my phone rooted long ago with the 2.3.6 method (the sticky). But I'm unrooted now... I never used Matt's Utility.
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGG WiLL View Post
    No, I had my phone rooted long ago with the 2.3.6 method (the sticky). But I'm unrooted now... I never used Matt's Utility.
    Well, that's exactly what I used. I used Matt's utility to flash back to 2.3.6 (.181) and then downloaded the update. There really isn't much else to tell you.. the rest of the instructions are within the utility.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Well, that's exactly what I used. I used Matt's utility to flash back to 2.3.6 (.181) and then downloaded the update. There really isn't much else to tell you.. the rest of the instructions are within the utility.
    Ok, last time i tried it, it said to make sure i clear the cash/cache.. DO i do it while i'm in AP mode and if so, how?... (I don't know how to do it either way)
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I'm just did a FDR with only the Internal Memory checked. I'll do matt's utility if this doesn't work and after I understand it more..
    Have to be at work soon though :-/
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGG WiLL View Post
    Ok, last time i tried it, it said to make sure i clear the cash/cache.. DO i do it while i'm in AP mode and if so, how?... (I don't know how to do it either way)
    It automatically clears your cache for you when you use the utility. At least it did for me.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    It automatically clears your cache for you when you use the utility. At least it did for me.
    I didn't know that, thank you... OK I'll try that when I get off work if this update doesn't work. I redownloaded all my apps and now I'm downloading the update (I feel like i should have did the update first but oh well...)
    I'll keep posted.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links