DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I got the OTA!???

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

I got the OTA!???

So I turned my phone off and I went to wipe it. I thought there was something in the options when you press the volume buttons and the power buttons but I decided to just reboot normally and doing it from the settings menu. I accidentally selected BP tools. The phone booted up and I saw the alert on the top. I didn't really read it lol cause I was just happy to see it and I clicked whatever it the option was it went away. Now I cant get it back!!

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    So now it's not there? Did you try checking updates?

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    I'd wager a large amount of money that wasn't the OTA. That was a notification letting you know to expect the OTA to arrive within a week. Several users have reported getting that notification in the last couple hours. It's the same one that went out to some users last week.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    I'd wager a large amount of money that wasn't the OTA. That was a notification letting you know to expect the OTA to arrive within a week. Several users have reported getting that notification in the last couple hours. It's the same one that went out to some users last week.
    I think your right. I did check for updates and it says up to date. I wish I actually read it lol. I just saw ICA 4.0 and got too excited I guess. Oh well. If anyone else gets the same thing i'm curious as to exactly what it says.
  6. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott0719 View Post
    I think your right. I did check for updates and it says up to date. I wish I actually read it lol. I just saw ICA 4.0 and got too excited I guess. Oh well. If anyone else gets the same thing i'm curious as to exactly what it says.
    Check the last few pages of this thread - ICS this week? - to see the users talking about it who received it today. It basically just says to that your phone will be updated to ICS within a week, and it lists a few features.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of the notification that went out Friday. The one going out today to other users is the same:

Quote Originally Posted by rda990 View Post
    Notification attached

Attachment 51327
    Last edited by bsweetness; 06-27-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Then afterwards you'll get another one prompting you to go and learn about ics features

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    Check the last few pages of this thread - ICS this week? - to see the users talking about it who received it today. It basically just says to that your phone will be updated to ICS within a week, and it lists a few features.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of the notification that went out Friday. The one going out today to other users is the same:
    Yea that was it. Damn it. Thanks.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Dude, be happy.. that means you'll be getting it soon. I got that and then had it the next night... well actually it was pushed the next night, but I was in bed. So I got it Saturday
    I'm not saying this will be the case for you... but I think you will have it soon.
    DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    Last edited by 94lt1; 06-27-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    DroidX
    I haven't received anything about ICS

I got the OTA!???-sad.png
    unkljake and mysticalmalissa like this.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4, iPhone 4s
    When you are to get the update, you will see the software update available in the notification bar. This notification will stay there until you click on it, once you click it, it will begin the software download from there and you will be able to see the download status in the notification bar as it downloads, then it will automatically begin to install.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links