DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Embedded Flash Videos not working

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX, BIONIC

Same problem!

They are already talking about this on the Motorola Forums.

I read on XDA that if you are rooted you can freeze an app called "Flash Uninstall for 4.04", uninstall flash and then re-install. They said flash functioned after this. Motorola, as part of the ICS Update force uninstalled flash.
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djembeman View Post
    They are already talking about this on the Motorola Forums.

I read on XDA that if you are rooted you can freeze an app called "Flash Uninstall for 4.04", uninstall flash and then re-install. They said flash functioned after this. Motorola, as part of the ICS Update force uninstalled flash.
    Yes, as part of the update, Adobe Flash gets uninstalled from phone. But you can then go to the Play store and download it again. No need to be rooted or to freeze anything. I'm not rooted, I downloaded it, and it's working fine on the sites I've used.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX, BIONIC

Tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    Yes, as part of the update, Adobe Flash gets uninstalled from phone. But you can then go to the Play store and download it again. No need to be rooted or to freeze anything. I'm not rooted, I downloaded it, and it's working fine on the sites I've used.
    I already tried that. South Park Studios doesn't work to watch episodes of South Park anymore. Reports by others indicate that it doesn't work on most websites. It is possible that the sites you are on are already using some form of HTML 5 and that's why they work?
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    I already tried that. South Park Studios doesn't work to watch episodes of South Park anymore. Reports by others indicate that it doesn't work on most websites. It is possible that the sites you are on are already using some form of HTML 5 and that's why they work?
    Nope. They're using Flash.

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Well I tried that xda fix and did a factory reset...still can't see videos at Yahoo sports NBA.

Might try to see of an older version works.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX, BIONIC
    YouTube through the stock browser plays videos for me. I guess the sites that function are hit or miss.

Correction: YouTube apparently doesn't use flash. I uninstalled flash player and YouTube still plays videos through the stock ICS Browser.
    Last edited by djembeman; 06-30-2012 at 09:12 AM.
  7. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    YouTube through the stock browser plays videos for me. I guess the sites that function are hit or miss.
    Yeah, it appears that some work and some don't. Considering it's not officially supported, I'm not surprised that it's hit or miss on different sites.

8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    This is really pissing me off! One of the major selling points of this phone was a fully functional flash player. I feel that this update has robbed us of a complete web experience. My RAZR feels like a damn iPhone now.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX, BIONIC
    Just FYI I tried the Official South Park website on 5 different browsers and no flash player love. It just sends up crashing the Browser. Same for the Lapdock mode. No more fully functioning Firefox browser through webtop!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I'm having the same problem - can't get embedded video to actually play. I've tried the stock browser and firefox with no luck. It acts like its going to run - firefox asks me to enable the plugin - then it just stops at a black screen. This is really frustrating
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links