DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ICS reception issue?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I upgraded to the Razr Maxx three weeks ago. My previous phone, a Droid 2, did not have good reception at my home. I had to sit by a window on the west side of my house to place a call. All of that changed the day I bought the Razr Maxx. It showed better reception, and I could place calls from anywhere in the house without dropping calls or breaking up. The day I upgraded to ICS, I was back to sitting next to the window. The Razr Maxx actually HAD better reception/signal before the upgrade.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    razr
    Same problems here. I haven't had 4g where I live but had excellent 3g service, now, after ics, 3g is almost nonexistent. This sucks to say the least. I hope they come up with a fix
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Are yall going by actual real world use...or bars and decibels? Gotta remember it shows differently on ICS. My signal looks worse...but actual use it isnt. If you are having worse data speeds and calls breaking up or dropping...thats different.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    I'm seeing it in real world use and bars and decibels. Prior to the ICS update I was hovering in the high 80s in my home office and the data connection never dropped. After the update my I'm at -105 to -110 and 4G is dropping pretty regularly. I'm not handling the phone when this happens. It's sitting on the desk beside me. There is a problem with the radios. Someone in another thread recommended installing the Moto app "Restore Connectivity" from the market. I installed it tonight and will see if it helps. No data drops since I installed it.
  5. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fdisker View Post
    I'm seeing it in real world use and bars and decibels. Prior to the ICS update I was hovering in the high 80s in my home office and the data connection never dropped. After the update my I'm at -105 to -110 and 4G is dropping pretty regularly. I'm not handling the phone when this happens. It's sitting on the desk beside me. There is a problem with the radios. Someone in another thread recommended installing the Moto app "Restore Connectivity" from the market. I installed it tonight and will see if it helps. No data drops since I installed it.
    The restore connectivity app is only for correcting the LTE settings on the phone when another app (most notably a battery saving app) messes the settings up. And it's something you have to open and run (just having it installed doesn't do anything. When you run the app, it will correct the settings and then restart your phone. But even then, if you have an app installed that is changing the settings of the LTE, after a reboot the app in question will eventually change your settings again. Uninstalling the offending app would do more good than the restore connectivity app will do. So, it's not the sort of thing to install and run if you think you're having general reception issues. It won't do you any good in that regard.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links