DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: ICS Status Bar notification apps too dim to read...

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Phone
    Vzw Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by robbski View Post
    [/I]
    Care to post a screen shot, Jungle King? I'd love to see what you're talking about.
    I can't remember what gb notifications looked like since it had been forever but i just don't see an issue with the standard notifications. When they come in, they are bright white but then are slightly grayed out but still very noticeable.

Exception being the weather bug current weather which i don't use but tested it out. That is unreadable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ICS Status Bar notification apps too dim to read...-uploadfromtaptalk1341592076141.jpg  
  2. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    I noticed this too. Icons are very small and dim. One other semi-related thing I have noticed is in some menus the text is white on white. You have to long press to read the text.

Tap'd from my Maxx
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr maxx
    Just upgraded to ICS on my Razr Maxx, and now I can't see the icons on the left -- they're both smaller and dimmer. Other things are dimmer, too...the corrections/dictionary bar that pops up while texting, for example. This change renders several features I rely on unusable. Any advice on how to fix the problem?
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I agree! The icons on the left are too dim and small. I have tried some status bar apps but they each have their downsides. Statusbar + is pretty good - very legible but says 2G when it's actually 4G and the swiping can be a pain. It may also interfere with Lightflow. Anyone tried any other apps? It seems that with the upgrades everything is getting darker - more black backgrounds etc. I have heard that this is to help improve battery life. If so I think it should be an option - black background and blue text is too dark for me. I really wish I could go back to Gingerbread - I had my phone set up perfectly!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by editricks
    Just upgraded to ICS on my Razr Maxx, and now I can't see the icons on the left -- they're both smaller and dimmer. Other things are dimmer, too...the corrections/dictionary bar that pops up while texting, for example. This change renders several features I rely on unusable. Any advice on how to fix the problem?
    Tell the developer to create notifications that adhere to Google's design guidelines.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by KayIslandDrunk View Post
    Tell the developer to create notifications that adhere to Google's design guidelines.

hmm, so the google play music app headphone icon is dimmed as well, one would think that google would get it right...
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    It makes no sense at all. The icons are too small to have any appreciable impact to battery consumption, so what good reason could there be for dimming them?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    jazznoir likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by ronhaha108

hmm, so the google play music app headphone icon is dimmed as well, one would think that google would get it right...
    Is Google searching how the new icon colors work outside of your capabilities?

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by pico1 View Post
    Are you using the auto-light function? I notice with this option enabled it seems that the sensitivity to light has increased thus making the screen dimmer than on the previous GB.
    Thanks for that suggestion. Although turning off the auto bright didn't do much, just increasing the brightness to the max helped. Of course, that'll also drain my battery quicker, but I'll try it out that way for a while. The status bar is thinner making the icons so tiny. The icons weren't so small on the old OS. I could just glance at it and see the temp, like when my phone was on my desk at work. Now I have to actually pick it up and look closely. There are a lot of worse problems in life to have though!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by inua View Post
    I agree! The icons on the left are too dim and small. I have tried some status bar apps but they each have their downsides. Statusbar + is pretty good - very legible but says 2G when it's actually 4G and the swiping can be a pain. It may also interfere with Lightflow. Anyone tried any other apps? It seems that with the upgrades everything is getting darker - more black backgrounds etc. I have heard that this is to help improve battery life. If so I think it should be an option - black background and blue text is too dark for me. I really wish I could go back to Gingerbread - I had my phone set up perfectly!
    I agree, it should be an option to set it up differently if one chooses to do so. It seems the old OS had more options in the settings. I had only had switched from the original Motorola Droid to my RAZR Maxx a few months ago and had tinkered with the settings until it was perfect for my needs. Then the ICS update came, and it's really irritating how much more effort it takes to do simple things...like read the temp in the status bar!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links