DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Display only contacts with mobile numbers" -- Gone from ICS?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper2860 View Post
    Download the free EX Dialer from the Play store. It is a very good replacement dialer and still allows you to show or hide contacts without numbers. I still use it over the ICS dialer and I believe the EX Dialer ICS theme is also free.

Note: EX Dialer includes Contacts EX which is integrated with EX Dialer and is also a stand-alone contacts replacement.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.modoohut.dialer&feature=search_resu lt#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tb2Rvb2h1dC5kaWFsZXIi XQ..

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

Got it.

I just figured this one out. Open the "People" app. Bring up the menu >> accounts >> tap the account you want to remove (ie. Facebook). Bring up the menu and click "remove account". I only wanted my gmail contacts so i removed all others.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricebandit View Post
    I just figured this one out. Open the "People" app. Bring up the menu >> accounts >> tap the account you want to remove (ie. Facebook). Bring up the menu and click "remove account". I only wanted my gmail contacts so i removed all others.
    That only works if you go thru your gmail contacts and clean out all the ones without phone numbers. And when you've been using gmail as long as i have (from when it was by invitation only!) You tend to have a LOT of people in there. This simple filter removal was just plain stupid. I'm about to try that ex dialer to see how it looks.
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    One thing to note about the non-stock dialers is there have been reports that you cannot dial 911 from them, so something to test and think about when using one of those.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydman View Post
    One thing to note about the non-stock dialers is there have been reports that you cannot dial 911 from them, so something to test and think about when using one of those.
    How does one go about "testing" a 911 call? i'd be worried they'd fine me for abusing the system or making a false call. i know they have some leeway of course - a few years ago our toddler picked up my wife's phone and hit the emergency call button on screen - wife thought she hung up before it connected, but apparently not - 911 called back and after explaining it, they said ok but don't let it happen again. since then we had to disable the PIN/pattern locks on our phones so there wouldn't be an emergency button for the kiddo to press. sucks, but if you have kids, i'm sure you'd understand.

well so far i much prefer this EX dialer over the stock ICS one on my d4. now if only i could replace the screen shown when someone calls me. i don't have photos for any of my contacts so i have to squint at the tiny dark gray on black writing to find the person's name. not very good while driving!

so far the only thing i like about ICS over GB is the stock browser, data usage reports, and the ability to disable stock bloatware without rooting (but i still root so i can have TiBu). honestly, i could do without those and go back to GB and be happy.
    Last edited by gibson99; 09-10-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links