DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: ICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr (XT912 / 4.1.2)
    Quote Originally Posted by brent.murray View Post
    Thanks for all the great tips yall!!! Keep 'coming. btw I love the new long press home screen to bring up running programs (and then swiping them to close them)... AWESOME!

Ice Cream Sandwich tastes sooo good!!!! :-P
    The home button does absolutely nothing for me. Doesn't matter if I short press or long press it, it doesn't do a thing. It's getting very frustrating having to manually back out of all my apps. Any suggestions?
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthy45 View Post
    The home button does absolutely nothing for me. Doesn't matter if I short press or long press it, it doesn't do a thing. It's getting very frustrating having to manually back out of all my apps. Any suggestions?
    Do you have a different launcher? I dont have ICS yet....but I tested out some launchers on GB recently and my home button got screwed up one time. If your home button isnt working...something's definitely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by William_04_x View Post
    App groups vs folders.

App groups are put together from the app drawer(click the all apps button top/left once you open your app drawer).This can help you organize your app drawer by putting related things in a common location. Once created a shortcut can be sent to a homescreen and the group can be easily accessed. Folders are created by dragging apps on top of each other which are already on a home screen. Both function similarly from the homescreen. On the left is an app group shortcut, on the right is a folder.

When clicking the App group shortcut you're taken to the app group list in the app drawer.

When clicking a folder the icon expands to show the apps in the folder and you stay on the homescreen.

I never saw apps groups in GB, but doesn't mean they weren't available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
    This was there on Blur with GB...and was of my fav things about the Blur GB update starting with the Droid X1. Nice to see Moto kept it. Nice thread yall got going on here.
    Last edited by jroc; 06-24-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    William_04_x likes this.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    Can't say enough about the ICS update on the Bionic or some of these shortcuts/tricks. Keep 'em coming!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    Moto RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyP
    The only thing I have found (or I should say HAVEN'T found) is a way to do bookmarks on a screen as a shortcut. I like the intellicast.com website for animated weather radar for my area. I used to be able to do a shortcut in Dolphin Browser that I could just tap and it would open the web page with my radar. Dolphin has a "bookmarks widget" but it takes up way too much room on a screen, I would prefer the one icon. It's no longer in widgets, and I use Desktop Visualizer too, but it's not an option in there either. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Open the native browser and go to the bookmarks page. Long press the bookmark you want to set a shortcut for. Select add shortcut to home. Or, select edit bookmark, and tap the field next "add to"(it'll say bookmarks). Select homescreen and click OK.

Last edited by William_04_x; 06-24-2012 at 01:46 PM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr (XT912 / 4.1.2)
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Do you have a different launcher? I dont have ICS yet....but I tested out some launchers on GB recently and my home button got screwed up one time. If your home button isnt working...something's definitely wrong.
    Nope. Default launcher.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by William_04_x View Post
    Open the native browser and go to the bookmarks page. Long press the bookmark you want to set a shortcut for. Select add shortcut to home. Or, select edit bookmark, and tap the field next "add to"(it'll say bookmarks). Select homescreen and click OK.

HA!! Thanks for that. I had the native browser frozen in Titanium Backup because I use the Dolphin Browser. I defrosted it, and had bookmarks again. However, I use "Desktop Visualizer" for creating custom shortcuts on home screens. I created a shortcut, with the Dolphin icon, and selected that bookmark from the native browser. Then when I tapped to open, it gave me the option of completing the action using the native browser or Dolphin browser, and I tapped 'remember this choice" so now it does it in the Dolphin browser that I like so much better. Awesome! Thank you!
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

Sig courtesy of jstafford1
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    Moto RAZR MAXX
    Right on.

8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

factory restore after ics install

should you do a factory restore after you do the ICS install
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    If anyone has any tips and tricks for clearing out the frequently called list please let me know. I had an app that worked in GB but now for some reason they don't want us to be able to clear out the frequently called.
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

Sig courtesy of jstafford1
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowJacket View Post
    Screenshot

To take a screenshot press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously. I tried it and it works however, if you have only your homescreen open it does not seem to work.

David
    It is possible to take a screenshot of the home screen. I've taken a screenshot of each of my screens, the home screen has my Favorite Contacts list at the top:

ICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr-screenshot_2012-06-24-19-30-08.pngICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr-screenshot_2012-06-24-19-30-14.pngICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr-screenshot_2012-06-24-19-30-21.pngICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr-screenshot_2012-06-24-19-30-27.pngICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr-screenshot_2012-06-24-19-30-31.png
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Links