DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: ICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I have a few questions.

1) Is there a way to get rid of the keyboard notification when the keyboard is open? I have researched this and havent seen a clear cut answer. Seems like its there in case you lock your phone and are typing something and forget that you are typing and then if you see if it will remind you that you were typing.

2) I read somewhere that there is a app you can get to toggle 3g and 4g...i think it was one for the thunderbolt that somebody mentioned work for the razr ics...is this true?

3) Battery life tips? I usually have background sync off when not at home, and when i am at home on wifi i have data disabled and i always have my screen on the lowest setting and i kill the apps after im done with them...my battery life is still horrible. It was alot better on gingerbread. So if anybody has any helpful tips for this it would be much appreciated
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by hondabomdc5 View Post
    I have a few questions.

1) Is there a way to get rid of the keyboard notification when the keyboard is open? I have researched this and havent seen a clear cut answer. Seems like its there in case you lock your phone and are typing something and forget that you are typing and then if you see if it will remind you that you were typing.

2) I read somewhere that there is a app you can get to toggle 3g and 4g...i think it was one for the thunderbolt that somebody mentioned work for the razr ics...is this true?

3) Battery life tips? I usually have background sync off when not at home, and when i am at home on wifi i have data disabled and i always have my screen on the lowest setting and i kill the apps after im done with them...my battery life is still horrible. It was alot better on gingerbread. So if anybody has any helpful tips for this it would be much appreciated
    1) and 2) I can't help you with ... I don't know. But 3) as far as your battery life, I started this thread about MY battery life, and it's things that I did on MY phone ... it may or may not be for you or others, but I am getting well over 24 hours on a single charge on my Razr Maxx with the things I did. Might help you too ... depends how you use your phone.

Battery life on ICS ... MY Experience.
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

Sig courtesy of jstafford1
  3. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    I have a few questions.

I'll tackle the first two for you:

1) Nope. And it's there so that you can easily switch keyboards if you want to.

2) LTE OnOFF - This is the app you're referring to. Yes, it works on the RAZR.
    YellowJacket likes this.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    I'll tackle the first two for you:

1) Nope. And it's there so that you can easily switch keyboards if you want to.

2) LTE OnOFF - This is the app you're referring to. Yes, it works on the RAZR.
    Thanks for tackling the first two that I have no knowledge of LOL
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

Sig courtesy of jstafford1
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I have a few questions.

1. Dont know about that. One time it went away...now I cant get rid of it...lol. Dont remember if I did anything special or just never paid that much attention to it.

2. LTE On/Off for the Thunderbolt. Yes it works.

3. I have took my phone of Global, put it on LTE/CDMA and disabled all location services. So far I think my battery life has gotten better. Even tho I'm in a weak reception area....I may try to do a battery life test to see something. I know before ICS I could average 12-15 hours on my regular RAZR. I have a feeling Global is draining the battery. I think all the phones defaulted to Global after the update. And just try some charging cycles....get the RAZR with ICS to learn the battery again.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Razr Maxx
    I have a few questions.

1) I found a way to "silence" the keyboard notification. Go to Apps from the Settings menu. Then tab all the way to the right to "All" ("Downloaded" --> "Internal storage" --> etc.). Click input methods/apps (i.e. Go keyboard, Motorla Input, etc) that you do not want to use, and then click Disable. I can't remember if I had to restart my phone for it to take effect. For my Razr, I kept Google Voice and the Moto keyboard, and disabled Go and Swype. Hope this helps!

2) There is an app called "LTE OnOff-HTC thunderbolt" that works flawlessly and brings you to the page where you can select CDMA (auto) or LG/CDMA/EVo. As far as a simple toggle widget, I'm not sure there is one out yet.

3) Minimize GPS, LTE, screen brightness, yada yada yada. Or scan Ebay for a busted Maxx and swap the batteries? I have the Maxx and the battery life is astounding for a 4G smartphone, granted I have it on 3G all the time. I only use 4G when I know I'll have good signal. I'm more worried about cracking the screen than battery.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybogg View Post
    A little off subject but just wanted to say how much I really like this ICS sub thread. I had a palm device but switched to RAZR in February due to lack of third party apps once HP bought Palm. I didn't really try to learn the android OS (GB) other than phone, text, and a few apps. Probably the smartest thing I ever did. Now that ICS is out, I get my phone, read the tips and advice, and try it on my phone. It works like a tutorial and I don't have to ask a million questions. I think that by the time I have read this sub thread, I will be dangerously proficient with Android ICS!!
    And then we'll put you to work!!
    jaybogg likes this.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr
    Can anyone tell me how to keep my rarz from going to sleep in the car dock? Never had an issue until I updated today. Can't find anything in the settings for the phone or the dock...the best I can find is to keep it awake for 10 minutes of inactivity.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX, BIONIC

screen on while plugged in?

Quote Originally Posted by lyndsey78 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to keep my rarz from going to sleep in the car dock? Never had an issue until I updated today. Can't find anything in the settings for the phone or the dock...the best I can find is to keep it awake for 10 minutes of inactivity.
    I've always used the setting in developer tools to keep screen on while plugged in. You can always just hit your power button if you want the screen to turn off while plugged in. Menu,System Settings, Developer Options, Stay Awake. Hopefully it will stay awake even if you are at 100%, not charging and plugged in. My older phones used to. I'll have to try on my RAZR MAXX.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    droid razr
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    And then we'll put you to work!!
    Unfortunately, right now I am not proficient, only dangerous!!
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Links