DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 139 of 241 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2408
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: ICS this week?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    razr maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc

Hey some news!! Still dont understand why the Bionic would take an extra month. If anything it shoulda been before the RAZR.
    Why? Because it was released before the Razr? I don't think that is relevant. A lot of phones were released before the Razr.
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Hey some news!! Still dont understand why the Bionic would take an extra month. If anything it shoulda been before the RAZR.
    They're still trying to sell the RAZR/MAXX, while the Bionic has turned into a freebie phone that doesn't get any advertising or push from Verizon (actually, I don't even see it on the Verizon Wireless website anymore). From a business standpoint, you'd want the phones you're really trying to sell to get the new update first before the ones you're not pushing (or not even selling anymore).

Of course, people who bought the Bionic will see it much differently. But based purely off business, it makes sense to update the RAZR first. Why give someone the option of a free phone with essentially the same features as a phone that will cost a couple hundred dollars up front plus the two-year contract?
    CaptainSS likes this.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    @Squeak513
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I'm excited for the update as much as I am dreading it. I'm so used to the layout of my phone now its going to take some time to get in sync with ICS. For those that installed ICS themselves, does it work nicely and without bugs?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Twitter
    eddiekeyton
    Phone
    Htc Thunderbolt (SENSE 2.1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak87
    I'm excited for the update as much as I am dreading it. I'm so used to the layout of my phone now its going to take some time to get in sync with ICS. For those that installed ICS themselves, does it work nicely and without bugs?
    Hated ics layout at first. Now i wouldnt go back to gb. Love the multi tasking, freeze bloatware and speed.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Relax people

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    @Squeak513
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Thanks eddiekeyton. I believe I will install it soon myself if they do not push the OTA update.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Twitter
    eddiekeyton
    Phone
    Htc Thunderbolt (SENSE 2.1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak87
    Thanks eddiekeyton. I believe I will install it soon myself if they do not push the OTA update.
    Your welcome.. follow that guide and it will work the very first attempt
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiekeyton

Hated ics layout at first. Now i wouldnt go back to gb. Love the multi tasking, freeze bloatware and speed.
    When you upgraded, did your coverage get worse? Unfortunately, mine did. I was successful installing it on my first try with Matts 1.7 utility. Root as well. Only downfall is the signal/coverage.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by mhaas75

When you upgraded, did your coverage get worse? Unfortunately, mine did. I was successful installing it on my first try with Matts 1.7 utility. Root as well. Only downfall is the signal/coverage.
    Matt probably uploaded the ics available to Soak testers.. Which may have bugs in them which makes sense BC thatdb the sole purpose of it. The ota update would prob fix all problems...my best would be on the 28. BC takes 2-3 days to test.. A Day to polish bugs and finally release..
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by shahzaib10

Matt probably uploaded the ics available to Soak testers.. Which may have bugs in them which makes sense BC thatdb the sole purpose of it. The ota update would prob fix all problems...my best would be on the 28. BC takes 2-3 days to test.. A Day to polish bugs and finally release..
    Thanks. Maybe I am miss understanding you but, do you think I should wait until another release comes out and then try that release? Thanks again.
Page 139 of 241 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast

Links