The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Usually in most cases three days of soak and all goes well the release usually comes. No promises of course. Hoping all goes well so Monday or so it will be here to grab...for all...
Yes these are brave words..lol But it happened for the past couple of devices.. however usually ( that word again) when one says this the opposite occurs.lol
Simply Amazing ...
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum:-!
I am not sure how to do this but I will attempt to build a timeline to this thread to bring people up to date short of reading the complete thread. I will limit it to things directly connected to the thread title, and not address many of the questions and answers given about things related such as root/unroot, backups, app behavior, ICS features, etc…Only that which relates to the release of ICS. I am sure I might have overlooked someone posting something first before I listed someone else posting it , and I apologize in advance.
Post # 1: ICS this week? 06-18-2012 07:58 AM Thread started by LoneWolfArcher
1. Post #2: First reaction: http://josiahcm.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=360&h=450 by coolbreeze704
2. Post # 9: Verizon message about IM is linked: Droid RAZR & Droid RAZR MAXX Ice Cream Sandwich Release Date Texts Lied (Updated)
3. Post # 25: Testers receive ICS Builds Link is posted: Testers receive new RAZR/RAZR MAXX ICS builds
4. Post # 36: Another link about beta rollout: Android 4.0 ICS rolling out to DROID RAZR beta members, update coming soon | Android Community
5. Post # 42: sava700 reports getting Soaker survey
6. Post # 76: FoxKat posted link reports dates for soak/rollout:
Is It Ice Cream Sandwich Update Time for the RAZR and RAZR MAXX? Motorola Sends Out Invites For Testers (Updated) – Droid Life
7. Post # 110: BadAzzFireman posted link to how to become part of soak test: http://https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home
8. Post # 111: Droid101 posted link to another update from droidlife: Is It Ice Cream Sandwich Update Time for the RAZR and RAZR MAXX? Motorola Sends Out Invites For Testers (Updated) – Droid Life
9. Post # 261: ronschuck posted a copy of moto soak survey email.
10. Post # 281: Beeobee posted link of Verizon announcing .211 approved: DROID RAZR and RAZR MAXX Ice Cream Sandwich Update Build 6.16.211 Approved by Verizon, It’s Update Time! – Droid Life
11. Post # 283: BaddAzzFireman posted different link of Verizon Announcement: Motorola DROID RAZR, RAZR MAXX Android 4.0 update documents posted by Verizon | PhoneDog
12. Post # 329: Zosohendrix posted link showing 22nd push date from Verizon: Droid RAZR and RAZR Maxx Android 4.0 update incoming: roll-out starts June 22 (update: confirmed) - Engadget
13. Post # 341: Manders500 posted link of Verizon upgrade announcement: http://support.verizonwireless.com/p...droid_razr.pdf
14. Post # 346: Altjx posted link saying update would start: Confirmed: Ice Cream Sandwich Headed to the DROID RAZR and RAZR MAXX Today – Droid Life
15. Post # 357: Sava700 posted another link announcing rollout: Confirmed: Ice Cream Sandwich Headed to the DROID RAZR and RAZR MAXX Today – Droid Life
16. Post # 364: Incremental posted moto link announcement: UPDATE: Android 4.0 ICS News for DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX Owners | The Official Motorola Blog - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
17. Post # 366: EddieKeyton posted Verizon announcement: DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX - Ice Cream Sandwich
18. Post # 422: Hockey posted he got update notification. (At this point many posts started coming in about receiving an Update Notification)
19. Post # 604 TisMyDroid posted a link to Moto FAQS regarding the upgrade: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8417
20. Post # 840: Arabstar posted that his phone was downloading update. Meef posted his was as well (at this point posts started coming in reporting update was downloading.
21. Post # 840 - # 1104: Many post about who has got it, who hasn’t, and when will I get it.
These posts actually tracked the timeline thus far. There is a wealth of info and questions such as how adding a pair of glasses might affect face recognition, will Flash 11.1 one be supported so Jersey Shore can be watched, and so forth. Just about every feature of ICS was discussed at least once if not several times.
Last edited by jaybogg; 06-23-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: couple of typos/post #'s
jaybogg...amazing. do you plan on keeping the timeline updated?
Sent from my BLACK DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. Prepare to be impressified!!!!