DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: ICS on the MAXX

1. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brucefulton View Post
    FROM THE USER PERSPECTIVE (yes, it needs capitalization because the point is not getting through) I saw little difference between froyo and gingerbread. And I expect to see little difference with ICS. The changes mostly are of interest to developers, not end users. This all has to do with harmonization of the kernel and apis, and from a developer standpoint I applaud that. But the user will see only a few incremental changes and it's hardly worth losing sleep over a pending OTA update. As far as I'm concerned the code could be a complete rewrite. Three cheers for developers. I'm still waiting to see what the user can expect.
    I got your point, and I completely disagree with it. There are many differences in ICS, all of which are in the interest of the end user, and many of which are visible and/or directly usable. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that you point "is not getting through." It just means that they view things differently.
    TisMyDroid likes this.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff70 View Post
    we are holding you personally responsible for all the where is jellybean threads flooding the forums on the 27th
    What about for all of the "jelly bean is coming on the 27th" rumors online? CNET just contacted me for a story that they're running in a couple hours.

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    What about for all of the "jelly bean is coming on the 27th" rumors online? CNET just contacted me for a story that they're running in a couple hours.
    just tell CNET you heard it from a friend of the guy who knows the guy who mops the floor at Verizon headquarters in NY and I am sure CNET will put it on their front page if they can make room for the news in between the 10,000 Apple stories that always grace it's homepage
    TisMyDroid likes this.
    All your base are belong to us
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Intuition

It's June 12th!

Well, has anyone had the push yet?!? I checked and still no update available...
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    Yeah, they mentioned a "reliable source" on DroidForums.

David
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    About the only thing worth having with the Razr ICS install is access to GSM networks. All the other microscopic differences in ICS are pretty meaningless in my experience. I've been running it on my Motorola Xoom for several months, and the differences are miniscule. A couple of new switches and settings here and there, but in day to day use, I see little or no difference. As far as the "freezing", its not reliable, and doesn't always work correctly.

Remember, ICS as a base build from the google android release train is one thing, but the Motorola/Verizon interpretation will likely be something completely different. They will preserve their gratuitous "value" with all the Verizon bloatware that none of us wants. All the junk that the foist on us will likely be there. The music player conflicts are particularly annoying on my Xoom (where google music player and amazon music player corrupt the file system!).

I for one won't confuse a vanilla ICS (or any android release really) with what the vendors give us, after device driver integration, cell network integration, bloatware and marketing junk.
    brucefulton likes this.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Has anyone received the update from Verizon yet?
  8. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DROIDX2TN View Post
    Has anyone received the update from Verizon yet?
    Nope, and there won't be one today. It was nothing more than a rumor.

9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness

Nope, and there won't be one today. It was nothing more than a rumor.
    ICS will "start" pushing update on June 12. Be patient! Is it the end of the day yet?
  10. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolBurton View Post
    ICS will "start" pushing update on June 12. Be patient! Is it the end of the day yet?
    There was a rumor that it will start pushing on June 12, but that rumor never had any firm foundation to it from the beginning. There hasn't even been a soak test yet, nor has Verizon posted update information on their support site (both of which always happen before a general release). There will be no release today.

Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Links