DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid Razr Max from Verizon running slow

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr maxx

Droid Razr Max from Verizon running slow

After almost 2 years my Droid X is slowing down. The response on the tabs or buttons is very slow but then other times it seems ok. Even though it says 4G and has 2 bars it has trouble trying to connect on FB or on a search in google. I'm getting frustrated with the phone and verizon. I took it to them they made some minor changes but it didn't help. I see AT&T and an Iphone in my future. Help.
    Last edited by winegen; 02-17-2014 at 06:33 AM.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    The Droid x is a 3g phone.. Am I missing something? This phone does not connect to 4g LTE (are we talking about the Motorola Droid x?) If your seeing 4g this might be a different phone....

Matt

Sent from my ROOTED HTC droid DNA using cyanogenMod 10.2
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr maxx

Wrong phone It's the Droid Razr Max

I looked at the wrong box. It's a Motorola Droid Razr Max from Verizon. But same issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmatt503 View Post
    The Droid x is a 3g phone.. Am I missing something? This phone does not connect to 4g LTE (are we talking about the Motorola Droid x?) If your seeing 4g this might be a different phone....

Matt

Sent from my ROOTED HTC droid DNA using cyanogenMod 10.2
  5. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1036 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winegen View Post
    I looked at the wrong box. It's a Motorola Droid Razr Max from Verizon. But same issues.
    Thread moved & title updated. Hopefully you'll get more help here
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    ONJFANGA
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    I've noticed the same thing with my Droid Maxx, just within the last month or so. I'm not sure what may be causing it. I've looked at what is running and what is using the battery and haven't seen anything wonky. I've uninstalled some apps that I recently downloaded that I thought may be making it slow, but that hasn't seemed to do anything. I was thinking of doing a factory reset, but goodness that's a pain in the tuchas. It's just driving me nuts because I haven't had hardly any problems with my Maxx and have practically waxed poetic about it.
    - StormyHeather

Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Bionic, Gnex, N7, RMHD, G2
    i firmly believe your phone is like your pc, it needs a clean flash (not factory reset) from time to time, to keep it running in tip top form.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
    i firmly believe your phone is like your pc, it needs a clean flash (not factory reset) from time to time, to keep it running in tip top form.
    What is a clean flash if its not a factory reset?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Bionic, Gnex, N7, RMHD, G2
    Quote Originally Posted by patmw123 View Post
    What is a clean flash if its not a factory reset?
    use google to find matts utility that matches your phone and version, thats the easiest way.
    you just download the utility, plug your phone into pc, put the phone in fastboot, run the utility. its that simple. it will totally re-write your phone software back to factory.
    factory resetting just cleans data, it doesnt fix any software glitches that might have occurred along the way, the utility does fix everything like new.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
    use google to find matts utility that matches your phone and version, thats the easiest way.
    you just download the utility, plug your phone into pc, put the phone in fastboot, run the utility. its that simple. it will totally re-write your phone software back to factory.
    factory resetting just cleans data, it doesnt fix any software glitches that might have occurred along the way, the utility does fix everything like new.
    I'm definitely aware of flashing the phone back to stock. I didn't know that's what you were referring to. With flashing back to stock, you have to factory reset anyway, right? In my opinion, a data wipe/factory reset in recovery is all that's necessary for completely stock, never rooted phones. I have had no reason to flash to stock with my Moto X (it's completely stock, never rooted), and before that my Galaxy Nexus had the factory images that were released by Google (obviously I tinkered with my GNex). It hasn't been since I had my Droid X, Droid 2, and Droid Pro that I have needed to flash back to stock using the type of method you are referring to. I always preferred to just use Linux and flash the images myself through terminal. I think they were .sbf files at the time.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    @Chef_Cloutier
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by StormyHeather View Post
    I've noticed the same thing with my Droid Maxx, just within the last month or so. I'm not sure what may be causing it. I've looked at what is running and what is using the battery and haven't seen anything wonky. I've uninstalled some apps that I recently downloaded that I thought may be making it slow, but that hasn't seemed to do anything. I was thinking of doing a factory reset, but goodness that's a pain in the tuchas. It's just driving me nuts because I haven't had hardly any problems with my Maxx and have practically waxed poetic about it.
    I have had the same problem but I think it has been a little longer than a month. I hav tried everything. Switching launchers, factory reset, refurbished phone still have weird battery drains, the phone getting very hot, and slower than normal processes.
    LG G2 going so fast that you can't even see it move.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links