DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Just got an OTA on my MAXX

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    they already have. you cant get unlimited date. i signed the day be for the dead line almost 2 yrs ago. im not renewing my contract. we will see how long i keep my unlimited
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTommy View Post
    Glad to hear it's seemingly going easy (as easy as it can be when your phone turns onto a boat anchor...). And nice to hear the Verizon guy didn't broach the topic of data plans. I think I may be over-stressing on this, but it's the one thing I fear most. Losing our unlimited data plan. I hear they're going to eventually phase all these plans out at some point and force us all into teared level plans. UGH!
    Then it's "Hello T-Mobile"

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using TapaTalk 4
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by ford7379trucks View Post
    they already have. We will see how long i keep my unlimited
    Yeah, me too. However, even if (or should I say when ) they take it away, I'm still staying with Verizon simply because of the coverage. Here in Nevada (and many of the desert west states), nobody else has coverage that even comes close. When I was still working (OTR trucking), there just wasn't the coverage out this way with AT&T. Sprint had nothing, and T-Mobile is fine in town, but out in the desert - crickets.

Now that I'm retired and we're going to be spending weeks and weeks out in our RV, mostly in the deserts, we've got to have some reliable coverage, and like 'em or not, Verizon has it. It's been good for us to fire up FoxFi and WiFi to our iPads while parked in the middle of nowhere.

What bothers me the most is, (and this is true of Dish Network, Direct TV, and other subscription services) if you're a new customer they shower you with gifts, free services, low rates, etc. But, if you're a loyal long time customer who's been paying your subs for years, you get SQUAT! Nada. Nothing. No deals, no longtime customer loyalty goodies, nothing. Don't be late with your bill our we'll cancel you.
    JWX likes this.
    Cleanse the gene pool,
    Stamp out warning labels.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by ford7379trucks View Post
    they already have. you cant get unlimited date. i signed the day be for the dead line almost 2 yrs ago. im not renewing my contract. we will see how long i keep my unlimited
    I did the same. Weren't those wonderful times?
  5. haz
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by kooshie View Post
    I had rooted using RzrBlade Utility and once the update happened it of course removed the root. I still have SuperSu installed on my device (and my husband's) I'm not able to uninstall it. I already had purchased FoxFi but when the update broke it I decided to go ahead and root. Mobile HotSpot was the only reason I rooted. I don't care if I root again since FoxFi works but I'm not sure what to do with SuperSu, will it be fine just sitting there on an unrooted device?

Also, if I open the stock HotSpot app it doesn't check the status the way it did prior to rooting my device. Does this mean I didn't lose the hack for the free HotSpot. Felling a litte confused

Thanks for any help.
    My phone was rooted also before the update (not any more) and my stock hotspot app still seems to work but iam using foxfi also.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    mrskooshie
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    At this point I just want to know how to uninstall SuperSu
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTommy View Post
    What bothers me the most is, (and this is true of Dish Network, Direct TV, and other subscription services) if you're a new customer they shower you with gifts, free services, low rates, etc. But, if you're a loyal long time customer who's been paying your subs for years, you get SQUAT! Nada. Nothing. No deals, no longtime customer loyalty goodies, nothing. Don't be late with your bill our we'll cancel you.
    While there is some truth to that, you can play hardball with most companies. Especially DTV, ask to talk to their customer retention department. Those are the real, more caring customer service reps (I still use the term loosely, some folks still are Clark Howard's version of "customer non-service") but they generally can offer up goodies, credits, rate changes etc in order to retain a customer.

And with VZW, if you're not in a contract, but they offer some new shiny plan which suits your needs and they won't switch you for whatever reason, you can always cancel and then literally sign right back up, with your existing device, for the new plan. Obviously most new plans include a 2-yr contract, but they may be able to work with you better if your BYOD'ing.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccerref12 View Post
    Then it's "Hello T-Mobile"

True, I used to worry about that but honestly it really just all depends on how much data you use. At first I thought like I'd rip through 4gb but now barely use one quarter of that in a month. Using Wifi at home obviously, and even though I could use it all day at work too (which would help IMMENSLY on battery life), I choose not to. With more Wifi popping up everywhere, huge data plans are unfortunately probably going to become more scarce and more pricey.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by haz View Post
    My phone was rooted also before the update (not any more) and my stock hotspot app still seems to work but iam using foxfi also.
    Just re-root using the RAZRblade...
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jp233 View Post
    True, I used to worry about that but honestly it really just all depends on how much data you use. At first I thought like I'd rip through 4gb but now barely use one quarter of that in a month. Using Wifi at home obviously, and even though I could use it all day at work too (which would help IMMENSLY on battery life), I choose not to. With more Wifi popping up everywhere, huge data plans are unfortunately probably going to become more scarce and more pricey.
    We don't have home wifi except Verizon 3GB MiFi. So if we want to stream a sports event or movie from the web, it's on my unlimited data plan. I go thru 8-10GB a month. If I decide to leave Verizon when I get a new device, I'm looking at Walmart Family Plan that uses Verizon network...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Links