DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 114
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Just got an OTA on my MAXX

  1. ford7379trucks's Avatar
    Member #
    122540
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    84
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #71
    they already have. you cant get unlimited date. i signed the day be for the dead line almost 2 yrs ago. im not renewing my contract. we will see how long i keep my unlimited
  2. Junior Droid
    Soccerref12's Avatar
    Member #
    338096
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    25
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #72
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTommy View Post
    Glad to hear it's seemingly going easy (as easy as it can be when your phone turns onto a boat anchor...). And nice to hear the Verizon guy didn't broach the topic of data plans. I think I may be over-stressing on this, but it's the one thing I fear most. Losing our unlimited data plan. I hear they're going to eventually phase all these plans out at some point and force us all into teared level plans. UGH!
    Then it's "Hello T-Mobile"

    Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using TapaTalk 4
  3. Master Droid
    MrTommy's Avatar
    Member #
    9449
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    298
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    #73
    Quote Originally Posted by ford7379trucks View Post
    they already have. We will see how long i keep my unlimited
    Yeah, me too. However, even if (or should I say when ) they take it away, I'm still staying with Verizon simply because of the coverage. Here in Nevada (and many of the desert west states), nobody else has coverage that even comes close. When I was still working (OTR trucking), there just wasn't the coverage out this way with AT&T. Sprint had nothing, and T-Mobile is fine in town, but out in the desert - crickets.

    Now that I'm retired and we're going to be spending weeks and weeks out in our RV, mostly in the deserts, we've got to have some reliable coverage, and like 'em or not, Verizon has it. It's been good for us to fire up FoxFi and WiFi to our iPads while parked in the middle of nowhere.

    What bothers me the most is, (and this is true of Dish Network, Direct TV, and other subscription services) if you're a new customer they shower you with gifts, free services, low rates, etc. But, if you're a loyal long time customer who's been paying your subs for years, you get SQUAT! Nada. Nothing. No deals, no longtime customer loyalty goodies, nothing. Don't be late with your bill our we'll cancel you.
    JWX likes this.
    Cleanse the gene pool,
    Stamp out warning labels.
  4. Senior Droid
    doniago's Avatar
    Member #
    119668
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    #74
    Quote Originally Posted by ford7379trucks View Post
    they already have. you cant get unlimited date. i signed the day be for the dead line almost 2 yrs ago. im not renewing my contract. we will see how long i keep my unlimited
    I did the same. Weren't those wonderful times?
  5. haz
    haz is offline
    Junior Droid
    haz's Avatar
    Member #
    92513
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #75
    Quote Originally Posted by kooshie View Post
    I had rooted using RzrBlade Utility and once the update happened it of course removed the root. I still have SuperSu installed on my device (and my husband's) I'm not able to uninstall it. I already had purchased FoxFi but when the update broke it I decided to go ahead and root. Mobile HotSpot was the only reason I rooted. I don't care if I root again since FoxFi works but I'm not sure what to do with SuperSu, will it be fine just sitting there on an unrooted device?

    Also, if I open the stock HotSpot app it doesn't check the status the way it did prior to rooting my device. Does this mean I didn't lose the hack for the free HotSpot. Felling a litte confused

    Thanks for any help.
    My phone was rooted also before the update (not any more) and my stock hotspot app still seems to work but iam using foxfi also.
  6. Droid
    kooshie's Avatar
    Member #
    155408
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley
    Posts
    90
    Twitter
    mrskooshie
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #76
    At this point I just want to know how to uninstall SuperSu
  7. Droid
    jp233's Avatar
    Member #
    254676
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #77
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTommy View Post
    What bothers me the most is, (and this is true of Dish Network, Direct TV, and other subscription services) if you're a new customer they shower you with gifts, free services, low rates, etc. But, if you're a loyal long time customer who's been paying your subs for years, you get SQUAT! Nada. Nothing. No deals, no longtime customer loyalty goodies, nothing. Don't be late with your bill our we'll cancel you.
    While there is some truth to that, you can play hardball with most companies. Especially DTV, ask to talk to their customer retention department. Those are the real, more caring customer service reps (I still use the term loosely, some folks still are Clark Howard's version of "customer non-service") but they generally can offer up goodies, credits, rate changes etc in order to retain a customer.

    And with VZW, if you're not in a contract, but they offer some new shiny plan which suits your needs and they won't switch you for whatever reason, you can always cancel and then literally sign right back up, with your existing device, for the new plan. Obviously most new plans include a 2-yr contract, but they may be able to work with you better if your BYOD'ing.
  8. Droid
    jp233's Avatar
    Member #
    254676
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccerref12 View Post
    Then it's "Hello T-Mobile"

    Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using TapaTalk 4
    True, I used to worry about that but honestly it really just all depends on how much data you use. At first I thought like I'd rip through 4gb but now barely use one quarter of that in a month. Using Wifi at home obviously, and even though I could use it all day at work too (which would help IMMENSLY on battery life), I choose not to. With more Wifi popping up everywhere, huge data plans are unfortunately probably going to become more scarce and more pricey.
  9. Droid
    jp233's Avatar
    Member #
    254676
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #79
    Quote Originally Posted by haz View Post
    My phone was rooted also before the update (not any more) and my stock hotspot app still seems to work but iam using foxfi also.
    Just re-root using the RAZRblade...
  10. Junior Droid
    Soccerref12's Avatar
    Member #
    338096
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    25
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #80
    Quote Originally Posted by jp233 View Post
    True, I used to worry about that but honestly it really just all depends on how much data you use. At first I thought like I'd rip through 4gb but now barely use one quarter of that in a month. Using Wifi at home obviously, and even though I could use it all day at work too (which would help IMMENSLY on battery life), I choose not to. With more Wifi popping up everywhere, huge data plans are unfortunately probably going to become more scarce and more pricey.
    We don't have home wifi except Verizon 3GB MiFi. So if we want to stream a sports event or movie from the web, it's on my unlimited data plan. I go thru 8-10GB a month. If I decide to leave Verizon when I get a new device, I'm looking at Walmart Family Plan that uses Verizon network...

    Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using TapaTalk 4
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Razr Maxx vs. Raxr Maxx HD
    By cece5702 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 09:13 PM
  2. Razor Maxx HD ro Replace Maxx? Your thoughts
    By ripper2860 in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-01-2013, 10:54 AM
  3. Is there a BIG difference between Maxx HD and regular Maxx?
    By bohemouth in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-25-2012, 10:15 PM
  4. Razr Maxx and the Maxx HD (In the first 14 days)
    By CaptainSS in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 08:04 PM
  5. Razr Maxx OS vs G Nexus OS? Maxx Felt Snappier?
    By daudi81 in forum Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 06:59 AM

Search tags for this page

98.72.165

,
98.72.165 root
,
98.72.165 update
,

98.72.165.en.us

,
98.72.165.en.us update
,
android update 98.72.165.en.us
,
droid razr update 98.72.165
,

update 98.72.165.en.us

,
what is 98.72.165.en.us
,
will foxfi work on droid update 98.72.165
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+