DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Battery issues

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx

Battery issues

Hey everyone,

In the last month or two, I have noticed that my battery is draining much faster than it used to. First thing I did was the calibration thing, charging it from 10% with it turned off, twice in a row. That has helped in the past, but not so this time. I haven't installed anything new lately, and in fact, the other day, I didn't even look at my phone all day, didn't make a call, but when I went to use it for the first time at 6pm, it was at 40% of the battery, which is really unusual. I take if off the charger at 6am and by the time I go to bed at 10pm, it is at 5% unless I find a charger before then. So I looked at the battery statistics, and Android OS is the biggest user by far. I don't recall any OS updates recently, and I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Or is it just that my phone is 1 1/2 years old now and Motorola does that on purpose to have me so frustrated with it when my upgrade is due that I'll be sure to buy the latest and greatest? I also have issues with it being pretty slow, but really all I do on it is email, text, and calls. I can get around the lag by rebooting it, but the battery issue is pretty constant.

Thanks!

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Hello and welcome..imho you should reboot the phone,go to the google play store and download gsam battery monitor. Run it for a few days and see what it shows in app sucker.

But first..your solution could be simple...in the droid command center(clock, weather, battery percentage) tap the battery percentage..see what apps or processes it shows as using the most battery..

Facebook, chrome, media, twitter, your screen..these are my top drains...force stop them..

Screen brightness, color of your wallpaper(white sucks down battery bad) adjust these..

How's your signal?? Cell service isn't like a light bulb..meaning it works or doesn't..it can still be present but have a poor signal and drain battery even more than normal..

Try these suggestions out and get back to us...REBOOT ..thats a definite.

MAXXED OUT!!!!!
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Thanks, I don't have gsam, but in the battery section under settings, it says that "Android OS" is the number one hog, by far. I've had the phone unplugged for 6.5 hours, and Android OS is at 66% of battery usage. Next closest is the screen, at 10. Everything else is well below that. I do reboot it at least once a week, but lately it's been more like every other day or so. I really don't want to FDR, but I suppose I will if I have to. I guess in the meantime I'll download this gsam thing and see what it says.

Thanks!
    94lt1 likes this.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    No problem..I suspect it will show the kernel as your battery vampire..

Try going into settings, storage, tap cache and select clear...this could help..I'm thinking doing it through the recovery menu would yield better results...get back to us..we'll walk ya through it.

MAXXED OUT!!!!!
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Here's what I'm showing as of right now.. But I'm running kit kat..so I'll be slightly different...

MAXXED OUT!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery issues-uploadfromtaptalk1389210173757.jpg  
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    No problem..I suspect it will show the kernel as your battery vampire..

Try going into settings, storage, tap cache and select clear...this could help..I'm thinking doing it through the recovery menu would yield better results...get back to us..we'll walk ya through it.

MAXXED OUT!!!!!
    Thanks for the help... sorry for the dumb questions, but what is the "recovery menu"? Also, I went into the storage under settings, but I didn't see an option for cache or anything to clear it. Finally, how do people post those screenshots from their phones?
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Screen shot, push power and vol down at the same time..you'll hear it..

On the case..it says cached data on my device but again I'm on kit kat. It may be different..

The recovery menu is for several things..you can use it to clear the phones cache, download stored updates and other things.. I wouldn't recommend messing with that right this second..

MAXXED OUT!!!!!
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Hey 94lt1, don't forget he's on the Droid RAZR MAXX, not the Droid Ultra/MAXX as you and I are.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1416 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    It did elude me ..good eye lol

MAXXED OUT!!!!!
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr Maxx
    Well, I learned a new trick! So I downloaded gsam and I looked at it this morning. It is also saying the number one battery hog is Kernel (Android OS). So if that is the case, what can I do about it? It is really odd that it seems to discharge the battery faster later in the day also. Yesterday I had 60% of the battery at 3pm, but by 6pm, it was down to 35. I am on Android version 4.1.2, and it is a Razr MAXX that I got almost a year and a half ago.

Battery issues-screenshot.jpg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links