DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is this on my phone??

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX

What is this on my phone??

I haven't figured this out, but when I put my phone into my car dock and CarHome Ultra loads up, I get this icon that is kind of right in the middle of things (it's on top), I can't move it, and I just have to tap around it, which is very difficult. I tap the icon, though and it starts recording video. I tap it again, and it stops the recording.

What is this and how can I kill it?? It's annoying me! Ughhh

I also have Camera and Camera ICS installed on my phone. I don't think either of those two are the culprits, but I could be wrong.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Pic?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by newbroot83 View Post
    Pic?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry I'll have to get back to you on that. I'll do that tomorrow. Basically it's a square shaped box that's transparent, and I've been able to move it in the past but not today when I took a trip. When recording, it beeps when the recording starts/stops and also has a green indicator line, I think when recording video. It's not as big as the CarHome Ultra squares, in fact, smaller than my fingers (not thumb).
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX, Droid 1(retired)
    CarHome Ultra and Camera ICS are 3rd party apps. If you didn't put them on there I would suggest uninstalling them.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Sounds like a dash cam app. I just checked on my version of Car HOme Ultra and cant find a setting for it so my guess it may be a feature of CameraICS that gets enabled when its in a vehicle dock.

David
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDroidURLookinFor View Post
    CarHome Ultra and Camera ICS are 3rd party apps. If you didn't put them on there I would suggest uninstalling them.
    Once I discovered CarHome Ultra I never went back to using the stock app. Same with Camera ICS, I just seem to like the pictures better. I wonder if there's a Camera JB. Haven't looked into it yet. Can't remember when I installed it, if it was before ICS was available for the MAXX or not, I'm guessing it was.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowJacket View Post
    Sounds like a dash cam app. I just checked on my version of Car HOme Ultra and cant find a setting for it so my guess it may be a feature of CameraICS that gets enabled when its in a vehicle dock.

David
    Didn't see anything in Camera ICS related to a dash cam app. Wish I could post a screen shot like the first reply asked, but wouldn't you know it...the moment I post this thread, and try re-produce the problem, it goes away. Maybe I inadvertently disabled it and if that's the case, I wish I knew what I did. I was playing with the CarHome Ultra settings, but don't remember seeing anything having to do with video.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Agreed about Car Home Ultra. It is an awesome app. Much better than the stock Auto Dock app.

David
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowJacket View Post
    Agreed about Car Home Ultra. It is an awesome app. Much better than the stock Auto Dock app.

David
    +1. Amongst other advantages, it makes voice dialing by numbers SO much easier!
    Bye Bye Incredible
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by rosariorose9 View Post
    +1. Amongst other advantages, it makes voice dialing by numbers SO much easier!
    Voice dialing? Haven't gotten the hang of that. Feel free to PM me (or reply on this topic although it's unrelated) and explain how to do that and how it works. I'm intrigued.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHSKORN View Post
    Voice dialing? Haven't gotten the hang of that. Feel free to PM me (or reply on this topic although it's unrelated) and explain how to do that and how it works. I'm intrigued.
    Just tap the 'Voice Search' button on the app, then say "dial 555-555-5555". Works like a charm!
    Bye Bye Incredible
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links