DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nhepler90
  • 1 Post By ffarl

Thread: My phone is trippin.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #

My phone is trippin.

Ok so Everytime i click something it clicks something else. And when i type it adds letters i never typed. Its really ticking me off. What do i do ?

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    Could be a digitizer issue, sometimes if you have a residue or water on your screen it will register it as touches. Make sure your screen is completely clean. In the settings of the phone, go to developer options then scroll down and turn on show touches and/or pointer location. Those will show you the problem areas that keep registering touches. If it isn't caused by a dirty screen, it could be a hardware issue. Try an FDR (factory data reset), of that still doesn't fix it, you will probably have to go to your phone retailer and get it replaced. (Hardware defects should be covered under warranty as long as there is no water damage found)
    FoxKat likes this.
  4. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member
    I've had the same issue, mostly due to grease from working in restaurants. I'd have to clean it off real well, and restart the phone if I didn't have the patience to just wait for it to sort itself out.
    FoxKat likes this.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    Excellent posts by both preceding members. I've found as well that dirt and oils tapped along the glass digitizer's edge can cause false reads or "ghost typing". A thin piece of rigid plastic like that used in packaging, cut to a triangle point, can be slid down between the glass and Bezel (metal surrounding sides), and if gently slid along the edges it can bring up the offending matter. This was especially true of the earlier generations of digitizers, such add those on the OG D Droid, but seen to be less prominent with the newer ones.

Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by FoxKat; 07-04-2013 at 11:18 AM.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Links