DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Razr Maxx Battery Issues?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by avenged61973 View Post
    I received a replacement today and after checking and making sure everything worked on it I went and ran some errands. I noticed when I got back that it had a drop from 63-42%. This is one of the reasons I got a replacement! Im going to do a meter calibration tonight and tomorrow night and see if I can get it straightened out. This sudden battery drop seems to be a problem with the update. I can see having 1 phone but 2 phones doing it seems odd.

My other razr thats getting sent back was very well taken care of. I did meter calibrations once a month and on ics the battery seemed to last forever. I couldnt get the meter calibrated these past few days . I noticed when it was charging with the power off it would charge to 80% then skip right to 100%. With the power on it would do the same thing.

I turned my replacement off at about 30% tonight and it charged normally to 100, so im hoping this one will get a good drain tomorrow! Sorry about being long winded im reallygetting frustrated with jelly bean.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD
    Let us know on the battery life today. JB just is not battery-friendly at all and it is almost too much work to make the phones work! Crossing my fingers every day but mine seems to finally have settled down. Hope your replacement is stable.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    So far it's been good it's been on all night I've been using it moderately this morning and I'm at 73% right now. It charged like it should have powered off so I'm hoping for the best. I

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by GotnFX View Post
    In your second pic at the top, it says roundbox and TV guide. What are those?
    Probably a TV guide app that I have. You think that could be the problem? Should I set it so it can't use background data or delete it?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Can you just disable it for a bit and see if there is a difference? May not make any difference at all but could be worth a try. My android OS is at the top of my list too, but I have no awake time associated with it - you have four hours of awake time. IF that is constantly updating, your phone may not be sleeping and that will drain your battery.
    Last edited by TriciaH; 04-05-2013 at 01:28 PM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by TriciaH View Post
    Can you just disable it for a bit and see if there is a difference? May not make any difference at all but could be worth a try. My android OS is at the top of my list too, but I have no awake time associated with it - you have four hours of awake time. IF that is constantly updating, your phone may not be sleeping and that will drain your battery.
    @mcal, I am very much in agreement with Tricia. Test it out. Do you really need it? Do you have it set up to do something? The OTA may have done something to this app. If you really need it maybe uninstall.. Then reinstall. It is weird how it shows up in GSam..
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by GotnFX View Post
    @mcal, I am very much in agreement with Tricia. Test it out. Do you really need it? Do you have it set up to do something? The OTA may have done something to this app. If you really need it maybe uninstall.. Then reinstall. It is weird how it shows up in GSam..
    Thanks, I deleted it. Will let you know how my battery works out tomorrow.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Watch and see if the keep awake time is gone in GSam when you tap the Kernel OS. I have no keep awake time there at all. If that doesn't help, we will try something else!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    So my keep awake time kept going up even after I deleted that app, so thats not the problem. Any other suggestions
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by mcal24 View Post
    So my keep awake time kept going up even after I deleted that app, so thats not the problem. Any other suggestions
    What does GSam say it is?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Rats. Figured that would have been too easy. Lemme think on this. I used an app called Wake Lock Detector. In the app store free. At one point my Gmail went berzerk and was draining the battery and making the phone really hot. That little app showed that it was going nuts. If you want put that on and see what it says is using the battery. You can always uninstall it later. This is the only thing it does is tell you what is keeping the phone awake. Hopefully someone else will have more ideas for you soon. I spent all last week doing this on my phone and it turned out to be my signal at work...kept the phone up all the time.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Links