DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CPU usage this morning

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Hope it works out for you tricia

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Not sure if I have any joy here. Just did that simulated battery pull. Mediaserver been at 37% since I unplugged the phone. Will see what happens. Actually I am getting really sick to death of troubleshooting a mess that was made with a broken OS. In researching mediaserver it appears it has been an ongoing problem since 2010. So in 3 years they have not found a way to fix their bug that drains batteries. Let me rephrase that - they do not care enough to fix the bug. I have 0 videos, 2 ringtones and 6 photos on this phone. That is it. If its smart enough to decide a file is bad why isn't it smart enough to let me know which file is bad instead of trying to read it over and over. This phone is the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting different results.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I know this has been a big problem and we probably won't see a fix from Motorola. Just like ics, luckily we had the. 215 leak. I honestly think you should bite the bullet and do an fdr.

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I dread that like a root canal lol. Hmmm after the simulated battery pull, wakelock is down to 1.5% and the phone has been sleeping. Things that make you go hmmmm. ICS for me was extremely stable and ran awesome. And to be honest, the mistake they OTA'd in December was much more stable than their "final" build. I had no wakelock problems in the erroneous OTA. Ha hindsight is 20/20 - I should have stuck with that!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I've had draining battery issues since the Christmas mistake and I don't have a max so that is a big problem for me. See how that works for you. I've read that some people fdr and it goes away and some people it doesn't.

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I am grasping at straws here lol I know that. But right now system wakelock is down to 1.0%. In checking battery stats, the phone has not been awake while the screen is off. Got my eyes, fingers and toes crossed. Last night I just did a normal power cycle. This morning I did the simulated battery pull. Do you think that could have made a difference? I thought it basically was the same thing. I am going to keep a close eye on it today. Have not added anything to the SD card except six contact photos. I am glad the Maxx was out when my DX went to cell phone heaven. Don't know how you do it with the Razr.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by TriciaH View Post
    I am grasping at straws here lol I know that. But right now system wakelock is down to 1.0%. In checking battery stats, the phone has not been awake while the screen is off. Got my eyes, fingers and toes crossed. Last night I just did a normal power cycle. This morning I did the simulated battery pull. Do you think that could have made a difference? I thought it basically was the same thing. I am going to keep a close eye on it today. Have not added anything to the SD card except six contact photos. I am glad the Maxx was out when my DX went to cell phone heaven. Don't know how you do it with the Razr.
    I have a guy I work with that has a regular Razr with the JB update and he's getting more than 8 hrs before he has to charge the phone. It's funny how each phone is reacting differently to this update. I went through and deleted files on both internal and sd card last night, and seems to have stopped the media from running so much. But I checked this morning and the CPU was running 40.6%. I have attached the screen shots. CPU usage this morning-screenshot_2013-03-28-08-41-55.png
    CPU usage this morning-screenshot_2013-03-28-08-42-01.png
    Improving my RAZR MAXX one thread at a time.

Aaron

"A George divided against himself, cannot stand!
    !
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    My Kernel OS is at 14.7%. Android System 3.1%. But i have a friend with a Maxx and his Kernel is always way way up there too. It is so weird how the same software alters how the same phones operate. I know everyone has different things on the phone but it is basically the same OS. My wake lock is only 11 seconds so far. Even with the CPU high you appear to be getting adequate battery life.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Sounds like you may have stumbled across a solution for your phone. That is outstanding!! Sometimes it is the weirdest solutions. I wish my kernal was under 20%, but all in all, I'm back to rockin' battery life comparable to when I was on ICS. Definatly not exceeding it.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    That could have fixed it, Every phone is acting a little different with this. We can only try something and wait and see and if that doesn't work try something else.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links