DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CPU usage this morning

  1. Senior Droid
    TriciaH's Avatar
    Member #
    178705
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Texas (not my fault)
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #11
    Soo now I have another question lol. System (wake lock) i.e. mediaserver has kept the phone awake for 3 hours out of 11. But media is at 0.0% per GSam. System wake lock is at 8%. If media is at 0 does that not mean that it isn't searching for anything? If yes, why the wake locks? I am starting to sound like Edith Bunker.
  2. Senior Droid
    avenged61973's Avatar
    Member #
    270207
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    13 times
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TriciaH View Post
    Soo now I have another question lol. System (wake lock) i.e. mediaserver has kept the phone awake for 3 hours out of 11. But media is at 0.0% per GSam. System wake lock is at 8%. If media is at 0 does that not mean that it isn't searching for anything? If yes, why the wake locks? I am starting to sound like Edith Bunker.
    Can you post a screen shot of the stock battery stats and one of gram. Media wakes your device at least it did on mine it was keeping my device awake constantly.
    Have you done a fdr yet?


    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. Senior Droid
    TriciaH's Avatar
    Member #
    178705
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Texas (not my fault)
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #13
    No I have not done an FDR. That will be a very last resort. CPU usage this morning-screenshot_2013-03-27-16-42-23.pngCPU usage this morning-screenshot_2013-03-27-16-41-23.pngCPU usage this morning-screenshot_2013-03-27-16-41-36.png Hope this works!
  4. Senior Droid
    avenged61973's Avatar
    Member #
    270207
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    13 times
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TriciaH View Post
    No I have not done an FDR. That will be a very last resort. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-27-16-42-23.png 
Views:	209 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	61531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-27-16-41-23.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	61532Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-27-16-41-36.png 
Views:	189 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	61533 Hope this works!
    I would definitely say it's your media keeping your phone awake. It looks just like mine did last week.

    If you formatted your sd card I would charge it to full and see if that helped, but if it didn't I would do an fdr.

    If an fdr doesn't work. Plug your phone into your pc and check through all the files on your internal memory. I found that after 3 fdrs I still had old app files with thumbnails and cache that didn't clear out. Maybe it's just my phone but I thought an fdr was supposed to clean that stuff out.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  5. Senior Droid
    TriciaH's Avatar
    Member #
    178705
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Texas (not my fault)
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #15
    That is what I thought too. If I move my SD card contents to the PC and format the card, won't there still be a chance of something corrupted going back on the card? I did delete two old apk files from the internal storage when I read your previous post. I too thought an FDR cleaned that out - supposed to take it back to out of the box state.
  6. Senior Droid
    Miklb58's Avatar
    Member #
    278332
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    160
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TriciaH View Post
    Soo now I have another question lol. System (wake lock) i.e. mediaserver has kept the phone awake for 3 hours out of 11. But media is at 0.0% per GSam. System wake lock is at 8%. If media is at 0 does that not mean that it isn't searching for anything? If yes, why the wake locks? I am starting to sound like Edith Bunker.
    There is a difference between mediaserver & media, at least on my phone.
    For me, Mediaserver does a wakelock, while I use IHeart Radio.
    Media, on the other hand seems to do be using a small amount of time and wakelocks on mine, and it shows up even when the phone has just sat idle.
    Media, might be what avenged is referring to that is scanning for media...

    TriciaH, I am shocked by the top line in your GSam pic. System shows over 4hrs of wakelock???
    Mine shows .1% for that line item.
    What is puzzling me is, in the systems battery stats, it shows Mediaserver running a wakelock for 2.5 hrs while I had IHeart Radio playing, but in GSam, it shows System (wakelock) for like 52 seconds, and when that line item is opened, it says included process is "mediaserver"

    Mike
    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
    Last edited by Miklb58; 03-27-2013 at 06:02 PM.
  7. Senior Droid
    avenged61973's Avatar
    Member #
    270207
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    13 times
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Miklb58 View Post
    There is a difference between mediaserver & media, at least on my phone.
    For me, Mediaserver does a wakelock, while I use IHeart Radio.
    Media, on the other hand seems to do be using a small amount of time and wakelocks on mine, and it shows up even when the phone has just sat idle.
    Media, might be what avenged is referring to that is scanning for media...

    TriciaH, I am shocked by the top line in your GSam pic. System shows over 4hrs of wakelock???
    Mine shows .1% for that line item.
    What is puzzling me is, in the systems battery stats, it shows Mediaserver running a wakelock for 2.5 hrs while I had IHeart Radio playing, but in GSam, it shows System (wakelock) for like 52 seconds, and when that line item is opened, it says included process is "mediaserver"

    Mike
    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
    My phone was giving me the same stats and it drove me crazy figuring it out. The media server keeps your device awake because it's searching through pictures and music and if it gets to a bad file it goes into a loop and keeps running. That's why I had to clean my internal and external memory to try and get rid of all of the junk files that didn't belong.

    They must have super charged the media server on jelly bean because there are all kinds of people with this problem now.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  8. Senior Droid
    avenged61973's Avatar
    Member #
    270207
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    13 times
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TriciaH View Post
    That is what I thought too. If I move my SD card contents to the PC and format the card, won't there still be a chance of something corrupted going back on the card? I did delete two old apk files from the internal storage when I read your previous post. I too thought an FDR cleaned that out - supposed to take it back to out of the box state.
    Only put files back on your sd card that you want to keep if you didn't put it there than its probably a good idea to get rid of it and just start fresh.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  9. Senior Droid
    TriciaH's Avatar
    Member #
    178705
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Texas (not my fault)
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #19
    Moving the files off the SD card as we speak. Will format it and just put a few that I need back on. See what happens. Mine is not media that is keeping it up - its mediaserver and I thought they were two separate things. My wakelock has been more than that. I find that disabling background data at work keeps it down some. It has been awake 9 hours out of 10 before. Never did that before this crap update. Even on the Christmas Miracle it never did this. They did something to it and its not playing nice with others.
  10. Senior Droid
    TriciaH's Avatar
    Member #
    178705
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Texas (not my fault)
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #20
    SD card emptied and formatted. BAck in the phone. I put exactly six contact photos back on it. Am going to see what happens. Mediaserver was at 5 hr 19 minutes when we pulled the card. I looked just now - it is at 5 hours 19 minutes and down to 4% of the useage. I really REALLY hope this was the problem! Man I would be SO happy! I have no photos anywhere on the internal storage. All the folders say "this folder is empty" when I tap them.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 'morning all!
    By Kasey923 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 10:12 AM
  2. Top of the Morning!!!!!
    By tnronin in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 09:08 PM
  3. Morning
    By dgterp in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 08:29 AM

Search tags for this page

droid razr high cpu
,

droid razr high cpu rate

,
droid razr maxx cpu 100 percent usage
,

droid razr maxx high cpu

,

droid razr maxx high cpu usage

,

iheart radio data useage

,

mediaserver wakelock

,
normal cpu usage motorola razr max
,
razr maxx 99% cpu usage
,
razr maxx cpu battery usage
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+