DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 117
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Jelly Bean and Battery Life

  1. Droid
    Telescopist's Avatar
    Member #
    250789
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    91
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #1

    Jelly Bean and Battery Life

    If this topic has been thrashed to death, I'll apologize in advance. Since my OTA last week, I've noticed a substantial decline in battery life. Most of it seems to be associated with App Usage - 65.3% currently. In particular the Kernal is hogging 29.7%, System 15.1% and Maps 7.1%. Since I have no way of knowing one way or another would somebody please comment on whether or not this is 'normal' consumption. As well if there is anything I can do to conserve resources. Thanks.
    Telescopist
  2. Senior Droid
    devdeuce's Avatar
    Member #
    257543
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
    If this topic has been thrashed to death, I'll apologize in advance. Since my OTA last week, I've noticed a substantial decline in battery life. Most of it seems to be associated with App Usage - 65.3% currently. In particular the Kernal is hogging 29.7%, System 15.1% and Maps 7.1%. Since I have no way of knowing one way or another would somebody please comment on whether or not this is 'normal' consumption. As well if there is anything I can do to conserve resources. Thanks.
    I can't say I've ever seen apps use anywhere near that much. You can set up a smart action that will only sync apps while you are using them, I'd think that'd help in your situation
    There is no spoon
  3. Droid
    Telescopist's Avatar
    Member #
    250789
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    91
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by devdeuce View Post
    I can't say I've ever seen apps use anywhere near that much. You can set up a smart action that will only sync apps while you are using them, I'd think that'd help in your situation
    Okay then. If it isn't too much trouble please tell me how to set up a smart action. Is there a android utility out there that I should download. Thanks.
    Telescopist
  4. Senior Droid
    devdeuce's Avatar
    Member #
    257543
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post

    Okay then. If it isn't too much trouble please tell me how to set up a smart action. Is there a android utility out there that I should download. Thanks.
    Smart actions should be on your phone. You may have to turn it on. One of the default actions is called battery saver, if you open that action, the bottom most action is adjust background data. If you click on that you have three options, the lowest one is what I mentioned and if it works should save the most battery.
    Telescopist likes this.
    There is no spoon
  5. Droid
    Telescopist's Avatar
    Member #
    250789
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    91
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by devdeuce View Post
    Smart actions should be on your phone. You may have to turn it on. One of the default actions is called battery saver, if you open that action, the bottom most action is adjust background data. If you click on that you have three options, the lowest one is what I mentioned and if it works should save the most battery.
    Understood. I have the phone turned off now and in charge mode. It is the Kernal that is eating up the battery life. Then Google Maps. I wonder if there will be a way of limiting actions with respect to the Kernal. Why do 'upgrades' re: the device always seem to be more trouble than there worth? This is a real pain. I was cruising along just fine with Gingerbread. Now as I understand it, I won't even be able to tether the phone without shelling out an additional $30 per month. Thanks Verizon.
    Telescopist
  6. Senior Droid
    devdeuce's Avatar
    Member #
    257543
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    #6
    The big difference for me from ics is Android OS is using way more battery.
    There is no spoon
  7. Master Droid
    helron's Avatar
    Member #
    235878
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    346
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #7
    I can't seem to remember the names of the forums (here) dealing with this issue, but if u check my name u may be able to find them. FOXCATs calibration method is great, so look for it.dd
    Like u I loved ICS, but JB has killed my battery, too. I am very disappointed and use barely any of the Smartphone goodies. Google Now requires GPS and that kills my phone. UGH!
  8. Senior Droid
    TriciaH's Avatar
    Member #
    178705
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Texas (not my fault)
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #8
    My battery life is still good but not as good as it used to be. I am finding system mediaserver is keeping the phone awake all the time. If the phone has been unplugged for 20 hours then mediaserver will have kept it awake for 19 hours and 30 minutes.
    Last edited by TriciaH; 03-20-2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
  9. Senior Droid
    The Stig 04's Avatar
    Member #
    204900
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    187
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    #9
    This is weird. When ICS came out people complained about horrible battery life. Now JB comes out and they complain about worse battery life than when on ICS!

    Crazy as it may seem to y'all my battery life increased quite a bit after JB. Now it did run my media server pretty high at first for the first few days but it cleared up and I super satisfied with it.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Droid
    NWRULES's Avatar
    Member #
    275689
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    90
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig 04 View Post
    This is weird. When ICS came out people complained about horrible battery life. Now JB comes out and they complain about worse battery life than when on ICS!

    Crazy as it may seem to y'all my battery life increased quite a bit after JB. Now it did run my media server pretty high at first for the first few days but it cleared up and I super satisfied with it.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, it's crazy cause my battery life actually got a little better after the update too. I actually have smart actions disabled too. Felt like it was using too much battery? Not even sure if that's possible?.....
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Jelly Haters Jelly Bean Rom for OG Razr and Razr Maxx
    By DroidModderX in forum Android News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 05:01 PM
  2. [ROM] Jelly Haters Jelly Bean Moto for Droid RAZR!
    By DroidModderX in forum Android News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 05:19 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 11:35 AM
  4. NEW [ROM] DeMONiC BeAn AOSP Jelly Bean for Galaxy Nexus
    By DroidModderX in forum Android News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 09:50 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 08:26 AM

Search tags for this page

android jelly bean battery saver
,

best battery saver for android jelly bean

,

best battery saver for jelly bean

,

droid razr jelly bean battery

,

how to save battery on jelly bean

,
ice cream sandwich vs jelly bean battery life
,

ics vs jelly bean battery life

,
razr jelly bean battery
,
razr maxx battery drain
,
razr maxx battery life after jelly bean
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+