DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 117
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Jelly Bean and Battery Life

  1. Senior Droid
    TriciaH's Avatar
    Member #
    178705
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Texas (not my fault)
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #71
    I think if I see it going nuts again I will try the force stop. Today it has not been a problem at all. They messed something up with the media thing I think.
  2. Droid Newbie
    VelvetNoir24's Avatar
    Member #
    340395
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
    Your English is much better than at least half of the people who currently live in the US of A. If you have been following this thread there have been a number of tips. What I did was pretty radical. I performed a Factory Reset. I did it out of desperation. Once my phone came alive again after the reset, I simply re-installed my favorite applications. Then I charged the battery to full capacity. The phone has been off the charger now for approximately 39 hours. GSam says that I have 57% left. I am happy with that. I do not know for a fact that performing a factory reset did the trick. What I do know is that my battery life was terrible before I did a factory reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by TriciaH View Post
    Yes your English is very good! Mine appears to be signal related...it keeps trying to lock onto a signal. This is only happening in one location - where I work. I work in an old World War II building with no wifi and no 4G. I put the phone on 3G but apparently it still has difficulty during the day. My battery drain and wake locks stop as soon as I leave work. I also had only occasion where Gmail was syncing and would not stop. I have since stopped all auto-sync function. You could try that. If you have apps set to auto update try turning that off. Mine appears perfectly normal today - but I am at home rather than work. I will most likely see the battery drop Monday when I am back at work. Read thru this thread as Telescopist said...there are a lot of good tips in it! Today it has been off the charger since 6 am and I am at 89% left. I won't need to charge till tomorrow night.
    Thank you guys
    I had in mind to do exactly what Telescopist did, I'm going to read all this topic and then try out this solution.
    I just discovered that during the night, with airplane mode on, the phone used around 10% of battery doing absolutely nothing, I read it might be a problem with Media so I will keep an eye on it.
    I'm sorry (for me) to tell we don't have 4G here in Italy and I didn't noticed any problem signal related before, so I'll check auto-updating apps, I already saw Facebook app is the principal cause of battery draining after JB.

    Thank you again!
  3. Droid
    Telescopist's Avatar
    Member #
    250789
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    91
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #73
    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetNoir24 View Post
    Thank you guys
    I had in mind to do exactly what Telescopist did, I'm going to read all this topic and then try out this solution.
    I just discovered that during the night, with airplane mode on, the phone used around 10% of battery doing absolutely nothing, I read it might be a problem with Media so I will keep an eye on it.
    I'm sorry (for me) to tell we don't have 4G here in Italy and I didn't noticed any problem signal related before, so I'll check auto-updating apps, I already saw Facebook app is the principal cause of battery draining after JB.

    Thank you again!
    I'm rolling right along... Here is the latest screen shot. Jelly Bean and Battery Life-screenshot_2013-03-24-10-07-53.png
    Although I swear that I have been unplugged from a charger for 57 hours. Unless I mistakenly plugged the phone in for a minute or two and that reset the GSam metrix.... I think that the factory reset did the trick. Off topic...What if anything is anyone doing about tethering under JB. Root?
    Telescopist
  4. Senior Droid
    avenged61973's Avatar
    Member #
    270207
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    13 times
    #74
    Yes.
    1. Power off your phone.
    2. Press the power key, volume up and down at the same time.
    3. By pressing volume down choose recovery mode, and push volume up to select.
    You will see the red moto logo then a DROID on his back. Give it a minute or two and a menu will come up.
    4. Highlight clear cache by pressing volume up or down. Then press power to select.
    5. When it's finished select reboot phone by pressing power.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  5. Droid
    _skibum's Avatar
    Member #
    251398
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    34
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    #75
    Mine is getting better by the day. I did 3 FDRs trying to fix a problem, and I think I was just prolonging things. I took a screen shot a few minutes ago. By coincidence, I also had one from 2 days ago for approximately the same length off time - 27hrs. The usage has changed, but things are much better. I think the phone does a whole lot of background work the first few days after the OS gets installed. Every time I reloaded, it started all over again.

    Edit: Forgot to mention that I disabled Chrome's tilt scroll feature as referenced in a post somewhere on here sometime yesterday. Not sure if that is helping or not.

    Jelly Bean and Battery Life-forumrunner_20130324_113527.png



    Jelly Bean and Battery Life-forumrunner_20130324_113539.png
    Last edited by _skibum; 03-24-2013 at 10:18 AM.
  6. Senior Droid
    bocabean's Avatar
    Member #
    17162
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    121
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #76
    My battery is suddenly improving in a very dramatic way since changing a number of items. Making greater use of WiFi at home, utilizing Smart Actions and phone settings to save as much battery life as possible. Just days ago, I was lucky to get to about 15 hours with 20% left. Now see the difference. I am rooted, using the stock launcher.

    Jelly Bean and Battery Life-razrmaxx.png
  7. Droid
    Telescopist's Avatar
    Member #
    250789
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    91
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #77
    Quote Originally Posted by bocabean View Post
    My battery is suddenly improving in a very dramatic way since changing a number of items. Making greater use of WiFi at home, utilizing Smart Actions and phone settings to save as much battery life as possible. Just days ago, I was lucky to get to about 15 hours with 20% left. Now see the difference. I am rooted, using the stock launcher.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RazrMaxx.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	61460
    It seems to me that radical changes 'shock' App Usage. I could not leave well enough alone. Yesterday, I rooted the phone so that I could once again tether to other devices. The root took 2 attempts but this wasn't a big deal. KaChow's Entitlement Hack worked flawlessly. However battery life took a dive. So, I went ahead and performed another factory reset. I had to reload all my programs. Also lost the Entitlement Hack and had to get that back. I've never had a back up procedure in place. I wondering if I should load something like Titanium Backup. Any suggestions?
    Telescopist
  8. Master Droid
    aarong03's Avatar
    Member #
    270369
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    355
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post

    It seems to me that radical changes 'shock' App Usage. I could not leave well enough alone. Yesterday, I rooted the phone so that I could once again tether to other devices. The root took 2 attempts but this wasn't a big deal. KaChow's Entitlement Hack worked flawlessly. However battery life took a dive. So, I went ahead and performed another factory reset. I had to reload all my programs. Also lost the Entitlement Hack and had to get that back. I've never had a back up procedure in place. I wondering if I should load something like Titanium Backup. Any suggestions?
    Yes titanium is great. And I also use SMS backup.
    Improving my RAZR MAXX one thread at a time.

    Aaron

    "A George divided against himself, cannot stand!
    !
  9. Droid
    Telescopist's Avatar
    Member #
    250789
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    91
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #79
    Quote Originally Posted by aarong03 View Post
    Yes titanium is great. And I also use SMS backup.
    So what happens when you lose your stuff? Is it stored in a cloud and is that where you retrieve it? Text msg. included?
    Telescopist
  10. Master Droid
    aarong03's Avatar
    Member #
    270369
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    355
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
    So what happens when you lose your stuff? Is it stored in a cloud and is that where you retrieve it? Text msg. included?
    With both you can save to the ext-sd card, Then once you download the apps you can reinstall them.
    Improving my RAZR MAXX one thread at a time.

    Aaron

    "A George divided against himself, cannot stand!
    !
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Jelly Haters Jelly Bean Rom for OG Razr and Razr Maxx
    By DroidModderX in forum Android News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 05:01 PM
  2. [ROM] Jelly Haters Jelly Bean Moto for Droid RAZR!
    By DroidModderX in forum Android News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 05:19 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 11:35 AM
  4. NEW [ROM] DeMONiC BeAn AOSP Jelly Bean for Galaxy Nexus
    By DroidModderX in forum Android News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 09:50 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 08:26 AM

Search tags for this page

android jelly bean battery saver
,

best battery saver for android jelly bean

,

best battery saver for jelly bean

,

droid razr jelly bean battery

,

how to save battery on jelly bean

,
ice cream sandwich vs jelly bean battery life
,

ics vs jelly bean battery life

,
razr jelly bean battery
,
razr maxx battery drain
,
razr maxx battery life after jelly bean
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+