DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: JB update sucking my Maxx battery dry.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    Will restore factory settings be back to android 4.0.4? I see consumption increased by about 15 percent by day!! For example, at night, in the standby mode previously consumed a maximum of two percent of the batteries. Now it's almost 10!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by woodywoodpacker View Post
    Will restore factory settings be back to android 4.0.4? I see consumption increased by about 15 percent by day!! For example, at night, in the standby mode previously consumed a maximum of two percent of the batteries. Now it's almost 10!
    There is no going back to ICS once you are on either JB releases.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
    Improving my RAZR MAXX one thread at a time.

Aaron

"A George divided against himself, cannot stand!
    !
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX HD
    Quote Originally Posted by aarong03 View Post
    Were you on 211 stock or 215 leak?
    You have to be on 211 since 215 was never a recognized release so you can't upgrade from that one. You need to roll back to 211.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
    You have to be on 211 since 215 was never a recognized release so you can't upgrade from that one. You need to roll back to 211.
    Yes, I know that. I'm just wondering if I do go back, will I get the OTA update. I guess its a chance to i might take, but I'm not sure if I want to yet. I mean, is the release been sent out to all people yet, or not?

Aaron

!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX HD
    Quote Originally Posted by aarong03 View Post
    Yes, I know that. I'm just wondering if I do go back, will I get the OTA update. I guess its a chance to i might take, but I'm not sure if I want to yet. I mean, is the release been sent out to all people yet, or not?
    It is out and you will get it if you go back to 211. There is already an update out for those of us on HD's to make our version up to date version wise with the one released to Maxx and Razr owners. You can postpone it if you want or just stay on 215 if you have reservations. I liked it when I put the Christmas leak on my Maxx and I liked 215 before that. I had no issues with either version on my Maxx. I have to wonder if those having issues with it had issues prior to the upgrade. Seems like that is the case most times.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    It is out and you will get it if you go back to 211. There is already an update out for those of us on HD's to make our version up to date version wise with the one released to Maxx and Razr owners. You can postpone it if you want or just stay on 215 if you have reservations. I liked it when I put the Christmas leak on my Maxx and I liked 215 before that. I had no issues with either version on my Maxx. I have to wonder if those having issues with it had issues prior to the upgrade. Seems like that is the case most times.
    Yeah, that's what my fear is about upgrading to JB. But I might go and load it later today. Thanks for the feedback, hopefully when I roll back I get an update notice.

Aaron

!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    You will get ota after going back to 211...that is what I did...I manually checked for update after roll back and it was there first try.

I did FDR before update...updated... rooted...did the sqlite WiFi trick...zero problems.

I don't have any battery issues. I use apex launcher (which I had before update). I did use go SMS before but the stock app is growing on me so have not gone back to it (yet) haha.

Good luck
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    I didn't have the battery issue before the update and neither did others posting on thus thread, that's why it says JB is sucking my battery dry and not my battery has always been bad
    There is no spoon
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX HD
    Quote Originally Posted by devdeuce View Post
    I didn't have the battery issue before the update and neither did others posting on thus thread, that's why it says JB is sucking my battery dry and not my battery has always been bad
    My Maxx had no battery issues before or after the update. I find it hard to believe it is the update that caused it. Could it not be an app that does not work well in JB and is causing the issue? Is it also possible you need to do a battery meter calibration after the update? There are just as many who are having no issues with battery after the update as well. I know everyone always suggest an FDR after a major update too, I have never done one and have not experienced these issue others seem to have.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    My Maxx had no battery issues before or after the update. I find it hard to believe it is the update that caused it. Could it not be an app that does not work well in JB and is causing the issue? Is it also possible you need to do a battery meter calibration after the update? There are just as many who are having no issues with battery after the update as well. I know everyone always suggest an FDR after a major update too, I have never done one and have not experienced these issue others seem to have.
    I'm happy for you that you don't have any issues. But the issues others are having are real. If we knew the cause, then this thread would stop. It very well may be some app(s). All we know is that something changed with the update that made some of our batteries have significantly less life and the whole point of this thread is to try and get to the bottom of it.
    There is no spoon
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links