DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: slowtorola

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
    I've heard the soak test HAS begun. Not just invites having been sent, but the actual test. Source was reliable in my opinion.
    As others have pointed out, nobody has said they got the update, just the invite. Since some of those that got the invite said they got the invite, they broke confidentiality once, I doubt they would be quiet on getting the update!!!

We are the Droid!!
    You will be assimilated!!
    Resistance is futile!!
    Droid Razr Maxx

We are the Droid, Resistance is Futile
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    droid 2
    To hell with the iPhone!!!
    But anyway it's still no secret that moto falls a little short timing wise for updates compared to some others!!!! Can't wait to see what the X...will be like though...
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    So the soak test started?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Only Moto and the soakers know for sure. Moto won't talk about it and soakers aren't supposed to talk about it so...maybe, maybe not. If not yet, soon.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Not sure I understand this secret tester stuff. JB isn't new, nor a secret, plus KLP is coming soon.

Am I missing something? Seems kind of stupid tbh.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Re: slowtorola

Quote Originally Posted by mokes View Post
    Not sure I understand this secret tester stuff. JB isn't new, nor a secret, plus KLP is coming soon.

Am I missing something? Seems kind of stupid tbh.
    It's a "per device" thing, not Android itself.
    Last edited by cobravnm13; 03-05-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by cobravnm13 View Post

It's a "per device" thing, not Android itself.
    Seems kind of culty on the Moto site. I mean.....didn't we BUY these, lol??
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx

not that black and white

Quote Originally Posted by cybertj.2000 View Post
    I totally agree!!! While it would have been nice in December, I would rather have a stable build, not that December's wasn't stable for most people!!!

We are the Droid!!
    You will be assimilated!!
    Resistance is futile!!
    I did get the Christmas update on Christmas. I have had no probs at all, and I dont think I am alone. I waited a few days to actually do the install (phone kept nagging me). Honestly, there is almost no different than ICS. Interface is identical. I think the battery life might be a little better than with ICS... more like gingerbread when I bought it. I get 2.5 days if I push it instead of 2.0. Not a big deal. Maybe the scrolling is a tad little smoother (honestly... maybe, could be in my head), but hardly noticeable. Okay, those are a few pros. However VZW broke FoxFi and seems to have locked down the phone more and made it much harder to root. So for some slight improvements, they have blocked some functionality. What used to be easy (esp. tethering) now requires rooting, which has become more cumbersome.

JB has Google Now. Battery hog if on and to me useless.

Dont overrate JB (especially from VZW). ICS is good and less restrictive.

I'll bet the official release will only be more restrictive than the "accidental" christmas release.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Re: slowtorola

Quote Originally Posted by mokes View Post
    Seems kind of culty on the Moto site. I mean.....didn't we BUY these, lol??
    Most manufacturers are secretive about updates to their phones, so it isn't just Moto. And most consumers, modders really, would argue along side your question and OEMs would argue that they own the rights to the software and don't owe it to you, even though you bought the device. But, technically, they don't own it either. They skinned it and maybe added software, but if it wasn't for Google they'd never have it. Just my 2 cents.
    YellowJacket likes this.
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by cobravnm13 View Post
    Most manufacturers are secretive about updates to their phones, so it isn't just Moto. And most consumers, modders really, would argue along side your question and OEMs would argue that they own the rights to the software and don't owe it to you, even though you bought the device. But, technically, they don't own it either. They skinned it and maybe added software, but if it wasn't for Google they'd never have it. Just my 2 cents.
    Yeah, I just don't get the fanboy mentality on the Moto site. It's crazy.

As far as what a phone mfg owes it's customers? Well, the way I see it, is.....you better keep up with the times or get left behind. Google can push out these OS's pretty fast and Dev's here and elsewhere seem to have no issue creating ROM's and tools seemingly by themselves, so why a multi-million or billion dollar company can't get it together is on them, lol.

I think I just got irritated reading all the rude, nutty comments from Moto owners regarding the stupid soak test. "YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT!!! SECRETS!!!!!" But.....Jelly Bean is already out, lol??

When we finally get JB on our phones.....you know...right before Key Lime Pie is out, lol.......rainbows and unicorns better fly out of my screen.
    Last edited by mokes; 03-06-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links