DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Battery Drained after leaving in car dock

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX

Battery Drained after leaving in car dock

I'd accidentally left my MAXX in my van for about 10 hours, on the car dock. I went out to my van at 2 AM, to get my phone and it had virtually no power. The temperature was about in the mid 40s (F) and my phone was very cold. After leaving it plugged into the wall charger while I slept, it worked fine.

What has caused the loss of battery power? Was it because it was docked but not getting any power or does it have anything to do with the temperature?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX

Re: Battery Drained after leaving in car dock

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHSKORN View Post
    I'd accidentally left my MAXX in my van for about 10 hours, on the car dock. I went out to my van at 2 AM, to get my phone and it had virtually no power. The temperature was about in the mid 40s (F) and my phone was very cold. After leaving it plugged into the wall charger while I slept, it worked fine.

What has caused the loss of battery power? Was it because it was docked but not getting any power or does it have anything to do with the temperature?
    Temperature shouldn't have been the issue at least I don't think. The only time I've had issues with low temps was in the freezers at my old job where the temp was well freezing Haha it started becoming unresponsive. So most likely it just ran out of battery. Not sure if you remember how much battery life you had left when you got out of the car but the phone will still lose juice even if it's just sitting there on "idle"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig 04 View Post
    Temperature shouldn't have been the issue at least I don't think. The only time I've had issues with low temps was in the freezers at my old job where the temp was well freezing Haha it started becoming unresponsive. So most likely it just ran out of battery. Not sure if you remember how much battery life you had left when you got out of the car but the phone will still lose juice even if it's just sitting there on "idle"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    It was more or less fully charged. I'm thinking my phone was constantly working since it was connected to something.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    The car dock keeps the screen on while its docked - at least on mine it does. On many cars, the power to the cigarette lighter outlets is cut when the ignition is turned off so it is likely that your phone sat there with the screen on until the battery died.

David

Links