DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: wifi issue. used to connect now not.

  1. droidrazrmaxx's Avatar
    Member #
    302194
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    RAZR Maxx
    #1
    Connection to wifi now isn't connecting. It detects networks (networks are available) says obtaining IP address then signal drops in and out and it never connects. When not trying to connect (obtain IP address) signal is strong and stable.

    The signal is plenty strong that I'm trying to connect to, and it's a previously used open wifi at a coffee shop that worked perfectly. An individual there with an S3 was able to connect without issue. I've tried additional open wifi locations with same negative results.

    Ideas, suggestions. Thx in advance.
    Last edited by droidrazrmaxx; 02-06-2013 at 04:00 PM.
  2. Master Droid
    GotnFX's Avatar
    Member #
    7488
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    728
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by droidrazrmaxx View Post
    Connection to wifi now isn't connecting. It detects networks (networks are available) says obtaining IP address then signal drops in and out and it never connects. When not trying to connect (obtain IP address) signal is strong and stable.

    The signal is plenty strong that I'm trying to connect to, and it's a previously used open wifi at a coffee shop that worked perfectly. An individual there with an S3 was able to connect without issue. I've tried additional open wifi locations with same negative results.

    Ideas, suggestions. Thx in advance.
    See if a reboot will fix it..try a soft..and if that doesnt help then a hard by holding power button and both volume up/down all at the same time for at least ten secs..
  3. droidrazrmaxx's Avatar
    Member #
    302194
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    RAZR Maxx
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by GotnFX View Post

    See if a reboot will fix it..try a soft..and if that doesnt help then a hard by holding power button and both volume up/down all at the same time for at least ten secs..
    Hard reboot worked like a dream. You're the best thx!
  4. Master Droid
    GotnFX's Avatar
    Member #
    7488
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    728
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by droidrazrmaxx View Post

    Hard reboot worked like a dream. You're the best thx!
    Awesome! Glad it worked out ..hopefully it never happens again..but there will be folks in here who can help lead the way in a number of problems if you have any in the future. Take care!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Can't connect to wifi...
    By cleave in forum Samsung Droid Charge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 07:53 PM
  2. Can not connect to wifi
    By techtard in forum Droid 2 Tech Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 05:28 PM
  3. Wifi wont connect? Phone or router issue
    By rjracoon in forum Motorola Droid 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 11:37 PM
  4. can't connect to wifi
    By tawnee in forum Samsung Fascinate
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 07:32 PM
  5. WiFi will not connect
    By tsDroidio in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 02:34 PM

Search tags for this page

droid razr maxx not connecting to wifi

,

droid razr maxx will not connect to wifi

,

droid razr maxx wont connect to wifi

,
droid razr not connecting to wifi
,

droid razr will not connect to wifi

,

droid razr wont connect to wifi

,

motorola droid razr maxx not connecting to wifi

,
motorola droid razr not connecting to wifi
,
motorola razor not connecting to wifi
,
motorola razr not connecting to wifi
,
motorola razr wont connect to wifi
,

razr maxx not connecting to wifi

,

razr maxx wont connect to wifi

,
razr not connecting to wifi
,
razr wont connect to wifi
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+