DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: suggestions?

  1. Master Droid
    newbroot83's Avatar
    Member #
    328100
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    415
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by moset View Post

    I'm not clear what your question is, but tibu requires a functioning operating system to run. It will restore some system settings but not the OS, kennel, or radio.
    Tibu is an app. It has to have something to run on.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Right, i understand that. But lets say a phone is in boot loop. In boot loop it hasnt lost its os, there is just something preventing it from launching. If i create a backup of settings in tibu, and want to restore the phone to the backed up portion, before the boot loop, will it do it?

    Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX
  2. Senior Droid
    The Stig 04's Avatar
    Member #
    204900
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    187
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    #32

    Re: suggestions?

    Quote Originally Posted by newbroot83 View Post
    Right, i understand that. But lets say a phone is in boot loop. In boot loop it hasnt lost its os, there is just something preventing it from launching. If i create a backup of settings in tibu, and want to restore the phone to the backed up portion, before the boot loop, will it do it?

    Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX
    I'd say if you want to create a carbon copy of the way your phone is right now that includes all settings apps home screens everything the way you left it then using a custom recovery to make a backup is the way to go.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. Droid Ninja
    altspeed's Avatar
    Member #
    244575
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Posts
    1,035
    Liked
    56 times
    Twitter
    @Pat_Droid
    Phone
    Bionic, Razr M, Moto X
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig 04 View Post

    I'd say if you want to create a carbon copy of the way your phone is right now that includes all settings apps home screens everything the way you left it then using a custom recovery to make a backup is the way to go.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Ditto. Make a nandroid with bootstrap.
  4. Master Droid
    newbroot83's Avatar
    Member #
    328100
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    415
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #34
    Ive had bad lick with bootstrap. It bricked my milestone x2. The important thing to me is just to back up the system. As long as the system can be loaded back up, then ill worry about the settings and apps later.

    So a nandroid backup would be the way to go? Can anyone explain the process?

    Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX
  5. Senior Droid
    The Stig 04's Avatar
    Member #
    204900
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    187
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    #35

    Re: suggestions?

    Quote Originally Posted by newbroot83 View Post
    Ive had bad lick with bootstrap. It bricked my milestone x2. The important thing to me is just to back up the system. As long as the system can be loaded back up, then ill worry about the settings and apps later.

    So a nandroid backup would be the way to go? Can anyone explain the process?

    Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX
    You will first want to install the custom recovery of your liking. Make sure if you are going to install a new one that all of the bootstraps files are deleted from your internal and external SD card. Not sure if all of them are the same but should be under the menu backup/restore then select back up and let it do its thing. It will take a while to make one so be patient.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  6. Droid Ninja
    altspeed's Avatar
    Member #
    244575
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Posts
    1,035
    Liked
    56 times
    Twitter
    @Pat_Droid
    Phone
    Bionic, Razr M, Moto X
    #36
    Really hard to hardbrick a locked bootloader phone. Just install bootstrap, go into advanced, create nandroid, if you hose it flash the os in rsd lite, install bootstrap, go into advanced, restore from nandroid. Of course the flashing the os in rsd lite will let you restore that tibu also. Rom toolbox does incredible batch backups as well. Theres a great port of bootstrap touch for razr and maxx (og, not hd)
    Last edited by altspeed; 01-28-2013 at 05:49 PM.
  7. Master Droid
    newbroot83's Avatar
    Member #
    328100
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    415
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by altspeed View Post
    Really hard to hardbrick a locked bootloader phone. Just install bootstrap, go into advanced, create nandroid, if you hose it flash the os in rsd lite, install bootstrap, go into advanced, restore from nandroid. Of course the flashing the os in rsd lite will let you restore that tibu also. Rom toolbox does incredible batch backups as well.
    So if i use droid bootstrap 2 i shoildnt have any trouble? And my razr is rooted...

    Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX
  8. Droid Ninja
    altspeed's Avatar
    Member #
    244575
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Posts
    1,035
    Liked
    56 times
    Twitter
    @Pat_Droid
    Phone
    Bionic, Razr M, Moto X
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by newbroot83 View Post

    So if i use droid bootstrap 2 i shoildnt have any trouble? And my razr is rooted...

    Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX
    No. You need the proper bootstrap.
  9. Master Droid
    newbroot83's Avatar
    Member #
    328100
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    415
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #39
    Ok. Im def a noob lol. I like the way tibu is setup. What exactly does the update.zip file i made do?

    Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX
  10. Master Droid
    sherri's Avatar
    Member #
    281
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    362
    Liked
    14 times
    #40

    Re: suggestions?

    Most ROMs require Safe Strap, not Bootstrap! Try that.

    Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Suggestions for tv app
    By slimpirudude in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 11:22 PM
  2. App Suggestions? :D
    By BMTHataAILD in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 09:42 AM
  3. Looking for app suggestions
    By enyalius in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 06:25 AM
  4. Rom suggestions
    By xgphacks123 in forum Droid Incredible Roms
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 11:50 PM
  5. suggestions
    By raven13 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 08:39 PM

Search tags for this page

newbroot83

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+