DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Need help...again....

  1. sunshine81039's Avatar
    Member #
    291337
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #1

    Angry Need help...again....

    So I originally had posted back in October for help since I was switched from the Thundrbolt to the Razr Maxx. I was having a major issue with battery drain and was told about an app to help me find the app that was eating all of my battery. I found out that it was some form of media that was running in the back ground. No matter how many times I would stop it from running it would start back up and my battery would be DEAD by noon after taking off of the charger at 7 am. I got so frustrated with it that I did the unthinkable and went to Apple. I am tired of spending money on things I get for free with Android. However the battery issue still is an issue. I am not sure if this media is a update or what but I cannot deal with a battery that dies in 5 hours. Any help would be awesome.
  2. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #2

    Re: Need help...again....

    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine81039 View Post
    So I originally had posted back in October for help since I was switched from the Thundrbolt to the Razr Maxx. I was having a major issue with battery drain and was told about an app to help me find the app that was eating all of my battery. I found out that it was some form of media that was running in the back ground. No matter how many times I would stop it from running it would start back up and my battery would be DEAD by noon after taking off of the charger at 7 am. I got so frustrated with it that I did the unthinkable and went to Apple. I am tired of spending money on things I get for free with Android. However the battery issue still is an issue. I am not sure if this media is a update or what but I cannot deal with a battery that dies in 5 hours. Any help would be awesome.
    Sunshine... just to clarify, are talking about the RAZR or your iPhone? I'm not sure which one you're talking about.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  3. sunshine81039's Avatar
    Member #
    291337
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #3
    I apologize I am talking about needing help with the Maxx and the battery issues and media running in the background
  4. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #4

    Re: Need help...again....

    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine81039 View Post
    I apologize I am talking about needing help with the Maxx and the battery issues and media running in the background
    When you say media that could be a number of things. Do you have any app installed on your phone that sync photos, music, news or weather. Facebook, motocast, Pandora and similar apps can run in the background causing a significant drain on battery.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Senior Droid
    sajgel's Avatar
    Member #
    30129
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    132
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    #5
    Are you running 4G in an area that is low on 4G service? If so, that is also a drain on your battery. There is an App called LTE on/off that can help.
    Lg 7000 ->LG Dare ->OG Moto Droid ->Moto Dx->Moto Droid Razr Maxx

    Your life could depend on this. Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink! Good luck.
  6. Master Droid
    GotnFX's Avatar
    Member #
    7488
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    729
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post

    When you say media that could be a number of things. Do you have any app installed on your phone that sync photos, music, news or weather. Facebook, motocast, Pandora and similar apps can run in the background causing a significant drain on battery.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes... JP is right! My brother in law had motocast trying to look for a wifi spot to sync his phone to when he was out and about.. His settings were to update every hour or so...Same thing could happen with Facebook.. Change those settings if you have to. I am on 4G all the time since I have unlimited data but when I was on ICS my phone would easily last all day.
  7. Master Droid
    JOSHSKORN's Avatar
    Member #
    140567
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    406
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    #7
    Yep, change your sync settings and maybe try updating your phone to the Official/Unofficial JellyBean update.
  8. sunshine81039's Avatar
    Member #
    291337
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #8
    I do live In a fringe area but this was happening even right next to a tower. As far as an app to sync stuff I personally never set anything up. As for the jb update I go into system updates and it says its up to date but still says 4.0.4
  9. Droid Ninja
    jpcalhoun's Avatar
    Member #
    148338
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,570
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine81039 View Post
    I do live In a fringe area but this was happening even right next to a tower. As far as an app to sync stuff I personally never set anything up. As for the jb update I go into system updates and it says its up to date but still says 4.0.4
    If you have 4.0.4 then you are running the latest official system software, Ice Cream Sandwich. Jelly Bean has not been officially released as of yet, maybe by the end of March. There are quite a few users who have installed a leaked version of Jelly Bean, but it is not official. You can install it if you want, but at this point I think you should figure out what causing your power drain before installing an unofficial leak. If troubleshooting fails to solve the problem then consider rooting your phone and freezing some known battery hogs or try the unofficial leaked Jelly Bean. Your decision.

    With some pre-installed apps you don't have to set up anything, they start on their own and run without you really recognizing it. There could also be an app that "syncs media" that you have downloaded and installed causing your problem. It's really hard to say which app or setting is causing your problem without being able to identify what's running on your phone. Go to settings>apps>running and tell us what is reported as running. Also tell what apps you have downloaded and installed from the Play Store or Amazon etc. I've had problems with Motocast in the past. If you have ever started Motocast and played around with it, or Facebook, I'd check those two first. They are notorious for being out of control and the user not realizing it.
  10. sunshine81039's Avatar
    Member #
    291337
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #10
    I will take a couple of screen shots to see what is running....also a side note I am running on wifi and trying to fix the issues before I reactivate the device.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

droid razr maxx battery draining fast

,

droid razr maxx battery draining quickly

,

droid razr maxx how to make it run faster

,

motorola droid 2 not acting right

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+