DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New Razr Maxx. Model number is XT910. Is that correct?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

New Razr Maxx. Model number is XT910. Is that correct?

Hi there,

I live in the Netherlands and ordered an Motorola Razr Maxx from an online shop.

They send me the phone and everything seems okay. In the box there was a manual in French and the preferred language of my phone was also French. Not really a problem, but they sent me a French Phone

Then I checked the model number and it is XT910. This is actually the name of the phone with the smaller battery right? Did they sent me the correct phone? I ordered a Razr Maxx because of the big 3300 maH battery.

Also it came with Android 4.0.4 installed. Is that normal? I thought the phone originally came with version 2.3 and you could update it yourself. Does this mean my phone might have been used before?

Thanks for the replies. Just checking if everything is good and if I'm too paranoia

Great phone though!
    Last edited by Stab; 01-07-2013 at 07:38 PM.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    The XT-910 is the GSM version of the Droid RAZR (with the 1,780 mAh battery). The RAZR MAXX has a 3,300 mAh battery and is nearly the same thickness from top to bottom but with a very slightly thicker section at the top where the earpiece and cameras are located. This is in contrast to the RAZR which has a clearly pronounced change in thickness just before the top section, and is about 1/2 that thick over the greatest part of the phone's length. If you are looking for a GSM phone, that's the one you want, but it's clearly NOT the RAZR MAXX GSM version.

As for why it has 4.0.4, it may be a refurb, but could also be shipped from the factory with the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade factory installed at this point.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    The XT-910 is the GSM version of the Droid RAZR (with the 1,780 mAh battery). The RAZR MAXX has a 3,300 mAh battery and is nearly the same thickness from top to bottom but with a very slightly thicker section at the top where the earpiece and cameras are located. This is in contrast to the RAZR which has a clearly pronounced change in thickness just before the top section, and is about 1/2 that thick over the greatest part of the phone's length. If you are looking for a GSM phone, that's the one you want, but it's clearly NOT the RAZR MAXX GSM version.

As for why it has 4.0.4, it may be a refurb, but could also be shipped from the factory with the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade factory installed at this point.
    Thanks.
    I dont understand exactly what you mean by your first alinea. The XT-910 is actually the Droid RAZR with the 1.780 mah battery. Clear.
    I have bought the Razr Maxx and it looks like that on the outside, but still has 'Model: XT910' on the back / under 'phone details'. Just wondering if I indeed have a Razr Maxx in my hands
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Hello Stab.

First, I used to live in Eindhoven..... a very long time ago.

The model number on the back of my Razr Maxx is xt912, which is for the US CDMA/LTE.

Looking at the two, the regular Razr has more of a "hump" at the top from the camera to 1.5cm down. The Maxx has a more gradual slope from the top at the camera all the way down to the bottom.

Here is some information about the phone you have: Motorola RAZR XT910 - Full phone specifications

Based on the information in the above link, your phone has the 1780mAh battery which is the same as the regular Driod Razr, not the Maxx.

Hope that helps.

David
    Last edited by YellowJacket; 01-07-2013 at 07:35 PM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Oh also, To change the language go to System Settings > Language and Input > Language. From there you should be able to change your default language.

David
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowJacket View Post
    Hello Stab.

First, I used to live in Eindhoven..... a very long time ago.

The model number on the back of my Razr Maxx is xt912, which is for the US CDMA/LTE.

Looking at the two, the regular Razr has more of a "hump" at the top from the camera to 1.5cm down. The Maxx has a more gradual slope from the top at the camera all the way down to the bottom.

Here is some information about the phone you have: Motorola RAZR XT910 - Full phone specifications

Hope that helps.

David
    Thanks!

The link you gave is refering to the RAZR XT910 which has the smaller 1780 MAH battery.

My question was if there is something wrong or if the 2 phones share the same model number, because I clearly bought the Razr MAXX with the big 3300 MAH battery. My phone also has the gradual slope you are talking about and not the hump at the top.
    On the box of my phone it indeed reads 'Razr Maxx' and the battery seems to last pretty long since my first charge. This should be the Razr Maxx, but Im just concerned about the model number... Because XT910 is indeed the name of the phone with the 'small' battery...

I hope someone could clarify this.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    If you look on the lower part of the back of the phone you can see the model number. It is possible then that right phone was in the wrong box.

David
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member

Re: New Razr Maxx. Model number is XT910. Is that correct?

With these new MAXX series, because the software is the same, the model numbers for both phones are the same. So BOTH the GSM RAZR and RAZR MAXX will be XT910. Both phones for LTE is XT912. The only difference is the battery and overall thinkness of the phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    FoxKat likes this.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    RAZR Maxx will have the Motorola plate on the front in black with Motorola in silver letters. The RAZR will have a silver plate with Motorola in black letters.
    FoxKat likes this.
    ~Servo Vita~
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thanks everyone. Since the model numbers of both phones are tbe same im positive i have indeed. A razr maxx. I just installed a battery monitor. App which shows the capacity at 3200 mah.it is the maxx.
    Does anyone know why its 3200 and not 3300 as in the official specs?
    FoxKat likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links