DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Appointment, email and text "ring"

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Appointment, email and text "ring"

Is there a way to chnage the type of frequency? The appointment one is especially annoying because it keeps repeating every ten minutes until you acknowledge it. Can you set to ring one time only?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanKlein2 View Post
    Is there a way to chnage the type of frequency? The appointment one is especially annoying because it keeps repeating every ten minutes until you acknowledge it. Can you set to ring one time only?
    I don't think so, you have to dismiss the notification or it is going to "bug" you again. There are some other pretty good calendars in Play Store...most are free. You might want to try one out. They will sync with you Google account/phone.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    I think when you set up the apointment you can choose which notification you want and the frequency.

Also, if you are referring to just an apointment you created within the circles widget, you can set the volume buttons to "dismiss" or cancel the reminder. You can also set the duration and frequency of the alarms within those settings.

David
    Last edited by YellowJacket; 01-07-2013 at 09:19 AM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowJacket View Post

I think when you set up the apointment you can choose which notification you want and the frequency.

Also, if you are referring to just an apointment you created within the circles widget, you can set the volume buttons to "dismiss" or cancel the reminder. You can also set the duration and frequency of the alarms within those settings.

David
    Whats a circles widget?
    My cell syncs with my office Outlook. Can changes be done there that would effect it?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Whats a circles widget?
    My cell syncs with my office Outlook. Can changes be done there that would effect it?
    OOPS... Sorry, I had that on my mind from answering another post. When I saw "ring" I immediately was thinking about the first ring in the circle widget.

Other than that, you should be able to set the alarms in the google calandar if that is what you are using.

Sorry for the confusion.

David
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    OK, I did a little digging around and found that you can have different tones for text, email AND appointment notifications. I have already been using different tones for texts and emails but in looking for a way to help you, found out that you can set one for appointments and alarms too.

Here is how:

Use the phones sound settings to pick the default notification sound. This will be the one you hear for text/SMS messages.

Open gmail app and go to settings and then tap on youreamil@gmail.com (used that as an example). Next, tap on sound and notify. From there you can pick your tone and also ckeck the box for "notify once".

It is a little different for appointment reminders. Open the default calendar app and choose settings. From there, tap on general settings and scroll down to notifications and reminders. Here you can choose which default notification you want for your appointments.

So, after folowing the above steps you should have one tone for texts, another for email and a third for reminders.

David
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I don't use gmail. My cell syncs with the office system Outlook program for email, contacts, calendar appoitnments, etc. Is there a way to do it with my set up?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Duplicate.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I don't use gmail. My cell syncs with the office system Outlook program for email, contacts, calendar appoitnments, etc. Is there a way to do it with my set up?
    I forgot to mention. It connects to the Office Outlook program using Touchdown app.

Links