DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How to update Droid Razr Maxx XT912 to latest android 4.1.2 jelly bean?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr MaXX

How to update Droid Razr Maxx XT912 to latest android 4.1.2 jelly bean?

Hello!
    This is my second droidforums.net post. I have read some news and I saw that Motorola released jelly bean updates for Droid razr maxx. Are there any way to manually update it? If i manually update, it will void the warranty? If it's possible, should i unlock the bootloader and root the phone?

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Gales45 View Post
    Hello!
    This is my second droidforums.net post. I have read some news and I saw that Motorola released jelly bean updates for Droid razr maxx. Are there any way to manually update it? If i manually update, it will void the warranty? If it's possible, should i unlock the bootloader and root the phone?
    You can follow this Razr maxx jelly bean update tutorial. You don't need the root permission, CWM or unlocked bootloader. But you have to be on the "6.16.211.xt912.verizon.en.us" stock firmware. As far as i know, it will not void the warranty. Here's the tutorial Manually Update DROID RAZR MAXX Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware Update [ How to XT912 ]
    Gales45 likes this.
    Spicy Gadgematic my android blog.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4 Dev Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Gales45 View Post
    Hello!
    Before you update please read this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...p-friends.html. It is a great tutorial written by our own guru FoxKat. But, read carefully...not everything works and it takes you off the "OTA update path" which means when the official OTA update is released you will not be able to get it. That's not to say the the required fastboot files won't be released a few days later which will get you back "on path".
    Gales45 likes this.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    LikwidE
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcalhoun View Post
    Before you update please read this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...p-friends.html. It is a great tutorial written by our own guru FoxKat. But, read carefully...not everything works and it takes you off the "OTA update path" which means when the official OTA update is released you will not be able to get it. That's not to say the the required fastboot files won't be released a few days later which will get you back "on path".
    I contacted Motorola via their Facebook and asked if updating to this leaked version of Jelly Bean would ruin our chances for the final release and/or cause any future problems. They gave me a stupid run-around-cliche answer which completely avoided my question. Although, they "assured" me every Droid/Maxx user will be updated to the newest version of Jelly Bean by Q1 of 2013.
    Gales45 likes this.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr MaXX
    Than your all of friends your replies. I have updated my phone several days ago, but I can't update the forum (I'm no a private vacation). Looks like still there's no big issue with the jelly bean firmware.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    Okay, so I am now updating to Jelly Bean via the links provided above.. IF what I read is true, and there will not be an OTA update to the latest version once it is released, will I be able to get it here, and update it myself?
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Is this update ONLY for the Maxx? Would hate to do something to my OG Razr.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo01SS View Post
    Is this update ONLY for the Maxx? Would hate to do something to my OG Razr.
    Works on the OG Razr as well. Both phones are the same with the exception of the battery. (unless you are on a GSM Razr outside the US)

David
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    I have tried downloading that, and for some reason, my Wi-Fi wants to stop working after a few seconds now. I don't get it.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by kprice8 View Post
    Okay, so I am now updating to Jelly Bean via the links provided above.. IF what I read is true, and there will not be an OTA update to the latest version once it is released, will I be able to get it here, and update it myself?
    There should be an update to this leaked version of jb as people do have it on their phone even if it were an accident. One way or another someone on this forum will help bring it all back to the right path..or a new thread will be started showing you how to update..This I am very confident will happen:-).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links