DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member

re: Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

Quote Originally Posted by TriciaH View Post
    Huh? Told me what....what did I miss!!!

Looked back and I think Meltman was the one who said he lost so many photos. Mine are just doubled lol. Would rather have doubles than missing!
    My bad. I thought you and he were the same member without looking. Hope meltman's situation is the same or similar.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by FoxKat; 12-24-2012 at 05:00 PM.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Funny that I just received notification of an available update. Why would I get the notification now if they've pulled the update? I debated just choosing later, but I was curious what would happen if I chose to update. I immediately received a "Update failed" message. Not unexpected, but I figured I wouldn't receive any notification this late if they aren't doing the update.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member

re: Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

My recommendation to everyone is if you get the notification, download, but don't install before copying it off to the external SD card (assuming you're rooted, and if not you may want to so this file can be archived).

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxKat View Post
    My bad. I thought you and he were the same member without looking. Hope meltman's situation is the same or similar.

Yeah I looked back to see. When I go into My Files, the photo folders are empty on the Device Storage. But when I go to My Gallery, or Just Pictures they are showing double folders, all with the same pictures. Two different update dates. I think they are cross-linked and if you delete one you delete them out of every folder. What a mess. That clown at Moto needs to be fired for this mess.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Next question would be: How long before we get the "real" update? My guess would be end of Jan. beginning of Feb., that way the soak test can happen.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Well, look at the bright side, if they have a build that is seemingly stable (from some of the comments I've read), then that means we might be close!!

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that it was a build that is close to being released to the soak testers!!!
    Droid Razr Maxx

We are the Droid, Resistance is Futile
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    I checked everything out that TriciaH did and I have nothing I literally wiped out 1600 pictures. Ill try the USB and see what else I can find. If anyone knows what I can do or more importantly who I can thank for deleting a years worth of memories please let me know.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid razr maxx
    Ok, whats up Had an update and then an Update failed on a Razr Mand Razr Maxx. anyone know whats going on?

BTW i'm a real newbie
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I think the build is basically stable. It has not slowed down the phone at all. The photos are messy but that does not detract from the performance of the phone itself or texting or web usage. I think what bothers me is that this even happened. Now every time an update screen pops up I will have to wonder if its the real thing or another mistake. There are improvements - the gallery is nicer, the auto-wifi is nice, Google now is nice and I would use it if I had an actual life, and there are undoubtedly things I have not run across yet in my travels. The functions all work. So it did not brick the phone by a long shot. I am just hoping it does not keep me from getting the actual real update when it comes out. At least in a SOAK test, you know you are a guinea pig and you are expecting the update. Those of us who got it were blindsided by this update and then we find out it was a boo boo. Well not much we can do now...it is there. It works. I will live lol. I hope the others who also got this are faring as well. I did do a cache clear right after the update.
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    This is exactly why I have my updater frozen with Titanium Backup ... every time an update gets pushed, there are problems with the build. After Jelly Bean has been out for a while, and the bugs have been fixed, then and only then will I go through the motions to upgrade. I spent days fine tuning my phone, and making it do just what I want to to do. I have Jelly Bean on my tablet and there really isn't all that much difference. Google Now is nice and all, and it's smooth, but I will patiently wait until everything is fixed before I jump off that cliff.
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

Sig courtesy of jstafford1
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Links