DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by Redalert View Post
    By chance were you push to sync or fetch at a certain time? Im just baffled that a simple shortcut widget thats not even a live type like say a win8 phone, would help drain batt. I mean anything is freaking possible but not cool at all. Please confirm my friend, please confirm...

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
    I have it currently set to sync continuously (push). For some reason I can't find the settings to set a time period for sync. I used to be able to set the time range on my WM phone.

If you want to try for yourself, just put the Gmail widget on one of your screens and try it for a day or so and see if it effects your phone like it did mine (and my xoom). I posted about it on two different forums and the results were mixed but mostly in favor of my "theory".

David
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Josh,

At this time, it is pretty certain that once we do the JB manual update, we can't go back. But, that may change....just don't know when.

Also, the updates I was talking about was not referring to the app updating itself via the play store, rather the facebook app continually updating new posts as they arrive, sending me notifications, etc. It was running in the background and was using anywhere from 24mb to 48mb RAM. Right now, things seem a lot better, but I wasn't able to accurately judge te improvement yesterday as I was on my phone significantly more than usual. I did, however, plug it in last night with the battery indicator showing 28% (Gsam)and 36 hours of use.

David

David
    Last edited by YellowJacket; 01-12-2013 at 08:37 AM.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    @Squeak513
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I'm liking JB so far, even if its not the final version.

(Droid Razr Maxx <<JB 4.1.2>>)
    The Stig 04 likes this.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx & Droid2
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak87 View Post
    I'm liking JB so far, even if its not the final version.

(Droid Razr Maxx <<JB 4.1.2>>)
    X2...
    The Stig 04 likes this.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    This past Friday, I FDR'd my phone 3x. Noticed that my previous apps were reinstalling themselves, then removed them through the Google Play Store. Noticed the GO Launcher folders were still there, and manually removed those. Then, I just decided to buy JuiceDefender Ultimate, setting it to Extreme.

I don't know how to screen shot this, so just take my word for it. My battery screen reads:
    40% Discharging
    1d 8h 3m 25s

Android OS 41%
    Screen 15%
    WiFi & Phone Idol 11%
    Cell Standby 10%
    Maps 5% (why is this even on? I haven't used GPS since before the last time I charged up)
    Bluetooth 3%

With JuiceDefender Ultimate, I notice that 4G is turned off while WiFi is turned on. I decided to leave WiFi on, because I hear 4G takes up more battery. Maybe I'll try it with WiFi off to see if I get different results, considering I don't use WiFi, but I don't know what that will do for 4G.

I'll eventually disable JDU and compare results, as well. I've just read reviews that it can increase your battery life on the RAZR, it has doubled it for some people. Then again, we're probably mainly talking about ICS users, maybe a few GB users, too. I'd like to see if JDU adds much, if anything to JellyBean on the RAZR MAXX. I think this is an unknown, at this point in time.

I noticed after FDR'ing my phone, my Network Mode which I've never really paid attention to, was set to Global. I then changed it to LTE/CDMA. Should I have done this? Obviously I do want to take advantage of 4G speeds.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX

Re: Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHSKORN View Post
    This past Friday, I FDR'd my phone 3x. Noticed that my previous apps were reinstalling themselves, then removed them through the Google Play Store. Noticed the GO Launcher folders were still there, and manually removed those. Then, I just decided to buy JuiceDefender Ultimate, setting it to Extreme.

I don't know how to screen shot this, so just take my word for it. My battery screen reads:
    40% Discharging
    1d 8h 3m 25s

Android OS 41%
    Screen 15%
    WiFi & Phone Idol 11%
    Cell Standby 10%
    Maps 5% (why is this even on? I haven't used GPS since before the last time I charged up)
    Bluetooth 3%

With JuiceDefender Ultimate, I notice that 4G is turned off while WiFi is turned on. I decided to leave WiFi on, because I hear 4G takes up more battery. Maybe I'll try it with WiFi off to see if I get different results, considering I don't use WiFi, but I don't know what that will do for 4G.

I'll eventually disable JDU and compare results, as well. I've just read reviews that it can increase your battery life on the RAZR, it has doubled it for some people. Then again, we're probably mainly talking about ICS users, maybe a few GB users, too. I'd like to see if JDU adds much, if anything to JellyBean on the RAZR MAXX. I think this is an unknown, at this point in time.

I noticed after FDR'ing my phone, my Network Mode which I've never really paid attention to, was set to Global. I then changed it to LTE/CDMA. Should I have done this? Obviously I do want to take advantage of 4G speeds.
    Screen shot is volume down button + power at the same time.

And I too have noticed that my OS is running unusually high. But it doesn't seem to be affecting my battery life. There was a point where it was running hot so I downloaded CPU spy and noticed that for some reason it was never going to a deep sleep but after a couple days it cleared up on its own and running fine though the cpu still runs high. On ICS it would run sub 10% and now it runs above that. The screen shot is current as of me writing this btw.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig 04 View Post
    Screen shot is volume down button + power at the same time.
    Where is the image saved?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    In terms of text messaging, I was spoiled with the GO SMS and Handicent apps. I loved the popups each time I got a message (i.e. who's messaging you). Now that I have the prerelease of Jelly Bean,I prefer it, but no pop ups. Anyone know if there's a way to enable popups?

What about numeric bubbles that tell you how many calls missed, number of text messages unread and number of Voicemails to listen to?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Where is the image saved?
    Just like all your photos in the gallery.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    In terms of text messaging, I was spoiled with the GO SMS and Handicent apps. I loved the popups each time I got a message (i.e. who's messaging you). Now that I have the prerelease of Jelly Bean,I prefer it, but no pop ups. Anyone know if there's a way to enable popups?

What about numeric bubbles that tell you how many calls missed, number of text messages unread and number of Voicemails to listen to?
    Pop up works for me in go sms.. Open up app..hit menu..settings.. Not sure about all the others features you mentioned, but I am sure if you do a search of either play store or this site a number of suggestions will pop up.
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Links