DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 427
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

  1. Master Droid
    GotnFX's Avatar
    Member #
    7488
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    728
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by bsghs02 View Post
    Did the notification bar use to work in ICS after the phone locked (with a pattern) or is this a JB bug? Does anyone elses still work after being locked? Or any thoughts on how to remedy it?
    Bar isn't accessible once phone is locked on my phone. Used pin and pattern lock.
    Did you perform a FDR when you loaded JB? Try rebooting phone if you haven't already.
  2. Junior Droid
    bsghs02's Avatar
    Member #
    323401
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by GotnFX View Post

    Bar isn't accessible once phone is locked on my phone. Used pin and pattern lock.
    Did you perform a FDR when you loaded JB? Try rebooting phone if you haven't already.
    I never rooted mine so i didn't do a fdr on it. Think i should do one or just wait for the official ota?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  3. Master Droid
    GotnFX's Avatar
    Member #
    7488
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    728
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by bsghs02 View Post

    I never rooted mine so i didn't do a fdr on it. Think i should do one or just wait for the official ota?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
    Really upto you but always a good practice to do one every once in awhile. I usually do it after every update. Again just a preference. I know it is a pain to have to reset everything but it gives the new update a fresh slate as oppose to trying to update on a previous OS..
  4. Senior Droid
    Crf450r420's Avatar
    Member #
    72804
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    127
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX

    This is not right...

    Sorry, don't have time to read all 144 or so post right now. I'm pissed about some people getting Jelly Bean in December and then being told that they will continue in Q1, so I will get it some time in the next 3 months. WTF?

    I have a question. Over time things get messed up and you can do a factory reset and the phone will be like new again running fast. Problem is these smartphones are programed by not smart people, so there isn't a backup of all our setting on the SD card and we lose all of our settings. Now if the phone is running slow (I know some have a practice of doing a factory reset before update, to each their own) and we get a new OTA update like when ICS came or in 3 months when I get Jelly Bean. The phone will be fast just like a factory rest, but you don't lose everything. Since we can't get settings to a folder on the SD. Why can't we have a copy of the OTA update to run again. If I run the ICS update again, I bet it goes to like new and I lose no settings. On my D2 I got a downloaded flash back (can't remember what they are called, used RSDlite or whatever) and I didn't lose any settings. Can someone get me the ICS OTA update so we can use it instead of a factory reset? Does anyone have the Jelly Bean OTA update, so I don't have to wait 3 months?
  5. Master Droid
    moset's Avatar
    Member #
    119707
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rural South GA
    Posts
    872
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Droid 1

    Re: Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crf450r420 View Post
    Sorry, don't have time to read all 144 or so post right now. I'm pissed about some people getting Jelly Bean in December and then being told that they will continue in Q1, so I will get it some time in the next 3 months. WTF?

    I have a question. Over time things get messed up and you can do a factory reset and the phone will be like new again running fast. Problem is these smartphones are programed by not smart people, so there isn't a backup of all our setting on the SD card and we lose all of our settings. Now if the phone is running slow (I know some have a practice of doing a factory reset before update, to each their own) and we get a new OTA update like when ICS came or in 3 months when I get Jelly Bean. The phone will be fast just like a factory rest, but you don't lose everything. Since we can't get settings to a folder on the SD. Why can't we have a copy of the OTA update to run again. If I run the ICS update again, I bet it goes to like new and I lose no settings. On my D2 I got a downloaded flash back (can't remember what they are called, used RSDlite or whatever) and I didn't lose any settings. Can someone get me the ICS OTA update so we can use it instead of a factory reset? Does anyone have the Jelly Bean OTA update, so I don't have to wait 3 months?
    Here's where you can find all you need to install the "accidental" release of JB.

    As for an OTA or firmware update of any type speeding things up, not always.
    Many have great results without FDR. Personally with ICS OTA things were fine just by clearing system cache.
    Every phone is a little different, as is how users set things up, as in settings, installed apps, etc.

    Good luck, and have fun.
    Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?
    Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?


    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  6. Droid
    SCREWd2V's Avatar
    Member #
    257342
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    67
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    I must have been living under a rock the past few weeks to not even see this thread... i'm on page 4 of 8... the suspense is killing me!!!!
  7. Master Droid
    YellowJacket's Avatar
    Member #
    253897
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    587
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by SCREWd2V View Post
    I must have been living under a rock the past few weeks to not even see this thread... i'm on page 4 of 8... the suspense is killing me!!!!
    Want an even better read? Then go here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...p-friends.html

    David
  8. Droid
    SCREWd2V's Avatar
    Member #
    257342
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    67
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX

    Re: Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowJacket View Post
    Want an even better read? Then go here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...p-friends.html

    David
    Dude you rock! Sub'd like a mofo

    Sent from my phone that has no eye
  9. Master Droid
    GotnFX's Avatar
    Member #
    7488
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    728
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpolice View Post
    I ended up doing a factory reset with my phone after I updated to JB and my battery life has improved.
    I was getting about 20 hours on my Maxx.. Did a few battery Foxkat cals and this is what I am getting now. I am not sure if there is an OS conditioning or a battery conditioning or both but definitely getting better battery life now.

    Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?-forumrunner_20130107_213810.png



    Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?-forumrunner_20130107_213823.png
  10. Senior Droid
    Redalert's Avatar
    Member #
    147616
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    142
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx & Droid2
    Quote Originally Posted by GotnFX View Post

    I was getting about 20 hours on my Maxx.. Did a few battery Foxkat cals and this is what I am getting now. I am not sure if there is an OS conditioning or a battery conditioning or both but definitely getting better battery life now.

    <img src="http://www.droidforums.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=59832"/>

    <img src="http://www.droidforums.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=59833"/>
    Shaweet

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 07:57 AM
  2. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 12:07 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 10:09 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 11:17 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 06:55 AM

Search tags for this page

9.8.20-72 vzw-16
,
9.8.20-72 vzw-22 bionic
,
9.8.20-72 vzw-8
,
clear cache razr maxx
,
droid razr maxx 98.72.8
,
jelly bean capitalizes every word
,
jelly bean weather widget
,

razr jellybean update failed status 7

,
razr maxx nfc jelly bean
,

what is update 98.72.8.en.us

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+