How to pull the update (from Matt L Groff);
Instructions for pulling an OTA update.zip:
- Do NOT install the update! Do these first!
- Be rooted. Option 2 in the DROID RAZR Utility works best.
- Download the Root Explorer app, or the ES File Manager app. (Instructions are for Root Explorer.)
- Open Root Explorer and go to the ~/cache/ directory, which resides on the root directory of the phone '~/'
- Hit the 'Mount R/W' in the corner, if successful will then say 'Mount R/O'
- Copy the update file .zip from the ~/cache/ to your sdcard, external to be safe. External is in ~/mnt/external1/ and Internal is ~/sdcard/.
- Copy over the update file .zip from the sdcard(s) you chose to your computer and upload it.
- You will want to use Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper before updating. See the above post for how.
- Send me or post a link here to the update and exactly what System Version you were on, and where the update takes you to.
- The community will thank you for your help!
Jellybean Rolling Out for the Original Verizon DROID RAZR! **How to Keep Root** - DroidRzr.com
"Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
"Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
We have 2 RAZR MAXXs at our house and they both show "download suspended. Will resume shortly...". Says the download is 0%. Neither of us got any kind of update notification, which is weird. This has been going on for a couple of hours.
Damn. Gotta go back to .211 first.
If your pictures actually got deleted... try downloading TuneUp Utilities for your computer. It has a Recovery program built into it. I've recovered plenty of files that have been previous deleted on my hard drive with this, even from years ago, because nothing really ever stays deleted forever unless you go through the right motions. So, you could USB hook up your phone to your computer, then try running the Recovery option for your phone's hard drive. See if you get any pics back. I've done it before. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
My device is up to date!!!!!
I want it to be downloading!!! How do I force it??
Droid Razr Maxx
We are the Droid, Resistance is Futile