DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by GotnFX View Post
    Maybe it was in ics and I never notice it but on jb there is panoramic and multi shot in the stock camera app.. Tell me they are new in JB...
    ICS has them. I'm probably waiting for the ota update or for another week or two until more people post their problems updating and get helped.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyotaguy82 View Post
    I have to reboot my phone once or twice a day. That hard boot. It will freeze up and thats the only way to reboot. No power cycling. Pm me those links. I tried to clear cache but not sure if i was doing it right. I even went to google system in the apps to clear it but it wasn't an option. So i cleared data.
    Here is the link. It was actually started by Foxkat. I am assuming you are stock ICS and so you should just start where it reads class 3

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...p-friends.html
    FoxKat likes this.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razor maxx
    You are so lucky I was at 80% after 2 hours of use. I am not sure what is going on with my phone I did the update and then did the FDR yesterday but the battery is still not giving me the type of length that you are experiencing.Not sure what I need to do to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowJacket View Post
    Man, this update is phenomenal! I've not been having the problems that others seem to be having like with WiFi and battery life. In fact, the battery life on my Maxx has been substantially better than the .215 "update". My battery meter is showing 80% after 18 hours of use....and for me, it has been more than the usual use with the holidays and the extra picture taking, face booking and calls. The counter should actualy show > 24h but I plugged it in to my car charger for about 10 minutes to see if there were any new features in vehicle mode.

So, if this pre-release (mistaken release) is any indication of the improvements we will see, and possibly some refinements on top of that, they nailed it in my book. My Maxx is like a new phone!

EDIT:

Several hours later.... still at 80% !!

David
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    My battery meter is showing 80% after 18 hours of use
    I'm not sure I'm buying this. What apps are you using? Are you rooted? Do you underclock your phone while not in use? Are you using the stock ROM?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHSKORN View Post
    I'm not sure I'm buying this. What apps are you using? Are you rooted? Do you underclock your phone while not in use? Are you using the stock ROM?
    No root, running stock JB "update", no underclocking, no special battery apps.... just following FoxKats advice. I do use smart actions sleep mode at night which turns off background data. I use my phone regularly during the day too. Moderate amount of texting, calling, internet. Even daily streaming music over wifi then bluetooth to my logitech BT receiver.

Things I have done: Set screen brightness to auto and checked battery saver. Set weather sync to 6 hours. Killed the facebook process ( a big battery hog). Set my pictures to auto upload only on wifi when plugged in. I also turned off the feature in "gallery" to see others pictures (another big battery hog).

Once a week I let it drain down to about 30%, turn it off and let it charge overnight. The rest of the time I charge it with it turned on - about every other day now.

Funny thing though is I've thought from the start I got a "good" phone because I really haven't had a lot of the other problems I've seen posted on the forums.

Did a lot of the same things on my wife's Samsung Stratosphere and she sees similar results, as opposed to our son who won't let me tinker with his phone and has to charge twice a day.

David
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    No root, running stock JB "update", no underclocking, no special battery apps.... just following FoxKats advice. I do use smart actions sleep mode at night which turns off background data. I use my phone regularly during the day too. Moderate amount of texting, calling, internet. Even daily streaming music over wifi then bluetooth to my logitech BT receiver.

Things I have done: Set screen brightness to auto and checked battery saver. Set weather sync to 6 hours. Killed the facebook process ( a big battery hog). Set my pictures to auto upload only on wifi when plugged in. I also turned off the feature in "gallery" to see others pictures (another big battery hog).

Once a week I let it drain down to about 30%, turn it off and let it charge overnight. The rest of the time I charge it with it turned on - about every other day now.

Funny thing though is I've thought from the start I got a "good" phone because I really haven't had a lot of the other problems I've seen posted on the forums.

Did a lot of the same things on my wife's Samsung Stratosphere and she sees similar results, as opposed to our son who won't let me tinker with his phone and has to charge twice a day.

David
    I feel that I got a "good" phone also, but I'm not getting the battery life you are. Of course, I don't have my phone set up exactly like yours, with the same power saving features. I am also not running JB yet, but hope to be very soon when they send it out OTA.

What all did you do to save your battery life, or is it just what you listed here??
    Droid Razr Maxx

We are the Droid, Resistance is Futile
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    Can you describe what you mean by "checking battery saver", "killed the Facebook process", and what Gallery feature are you referring to about seeing other pictures?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    In Screen settings under brightness, there is a check box for "Display Battery Savings" that I checked.

For gallery, I had unchecked "Display Friends Pictures" (or something like that) but apparently that setting is no longer present in JellyBean.

To kill facebook, I go into running apps under manage apps and stop all the FB processes. I don't use FB that much on my phone so I may actually disable the process alltogether.

David
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Heres some screen captures of what I have set.

David
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Screen brightness is the single best thing you can regulate to save battery power... it's always the #1 battery hog amongst all things.
Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Links