DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    ONJFANGA
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ut3jaw View Post
    OK, for anyone who cares and Has Been Following My Newbie Circus Show, I Have razr maxx,Was Rooted On Ics, Had Removed S Bunch Of Bloatware Thinking I WasSmart. Turns Out That If You Aren't Stock, your Update Doesnt Work. AfterRe-Bloating My Phone (Thank You Mat P. For 1.82 Utility) I Continued On My Foolish Quest To Get Jelly BeAn, Undeterred By The NaY Sayers,Knowing I May Regret It But Want Better Buttery Life That Badly, I Rerooted Aftet Bloating My Phone Back To Stock.221, RStored Backup. Rechecked HOtspot Entitlement, Used Ota Voodoo Root Keeper To Backup Root,Restarting Phone After Every Change., And Upgraded To JellY bean Via File Ssved On Sd. I Am Now On Jelly Bean,Hotspot Ok(Entitlement Check Stayed), And Swype Cspitslizing Everything Is The Only Bug I've Seen Thus FaR. All My Apps/Data Are There. All 'seems'Very Good At This Point. FOllowed all Instructions To A T And Was Successful At Keeping Root And Entitlement. Just Fyi And Thanks To Those Who Helped This noob.
    Thanks for the explanation on the strange capitalization. I thought the post looked a little weird.

My phone is stock, nothing special on it. Just stopped the update and it never finished. Still on ICS.
    - StormyHeather

Member #
    Seems like all the different posts and forums I've been reading no one seems to be having the same problem, except quite a few reported play store issues,i think i might just wait a little while and see what else is happening
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc111111 View Post
    Seems like all the different posts and forums I've been reading no one seems to be having the same problem, except quite a few reported play store issues,i think i might just wait a little while and see what else is happening
    Just a sec...
    *removes foot from mouth

OK, that's better. Sooooo, apparently my root has been affected. I can open Titanium, OTA root keeper says I'm good, but busy box and root checker say otherwise. Busy box says it can't access a shell. All in all I've secured my 'free' hotspot/entitlement check which is one of my biggest needs for rooting. For you vets that go more in depth w/your root I'd definitely wait. Voodoo don't do the trick. Wonder if I'd done ota protect w/titanium if that'd have worked.

D&‰n that shoe tasted funny....wait,what did I step on? Oh a jelly bean. ;-) .
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I saw the notice and my daughter closed it before I could accept it. Wish I could get it now.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Re: Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

Okay my razr maxx is not rooted but I do have the new jelly bean update it runs perfectly the only problem is when I restart my phone to clear the cache it starts to hang on the green droid man is and sometimes it just reboots on its own without going to the menu where you select clear cache or factory reset. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?-uploadfromtaptalk1356577318117.jpg  
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    @Squeak513
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    No Jelly Beans here

(Droid Razr Maxx <<ICS .215>>)
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Same here. It advised me in the morning that there was an update available and it will download in 30 seconds (count down to 0 seconds), then nothing. Phone didn't seem to do anything. Then I go to system setup and it says my phone is up to date no updates available. "/ I don't understand. Oh well.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    All you guys that "Wish" you could get it... you can. You don't have to be rooted. Find one of the many links to the zip file around the forum. This is of course assuming you are completely stock and not rooted. If that doesn't apply to you, there are additional steps. There's a real good, more detailed tutorial in the razr hacks section. But here's the quick and easy version, if you are indeed completely stock/unrooted:

Download it and copy it to the root of your external memory card.
    Power off phone.
    Hold power, vol down, vol up all at the same time.
    When the menu comes up, press vol down once to highlight "recovery", then press vol up to select it
    When the android with the red exclamation mark appears, press both volume buttons and the recovery menu appears.
    Move down with vol down button to "apply update from external storage" and press power button to select
    Move down with vol down button to "Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip " and press power to select it (If you don't see it here, you didn't copy it to the EXTERNAL memory card!)

There you go, you are installing Jelly Bean.
    Last edited by Phreaker47; 12-27-2012 at 12:18 AM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    I'm not rooted (or at least I don't think I am) but I'm also on .215. What's the best way to get back to .211? How can I save my data (texts, contacts, etc.)?

EDIT: I took a chance and just ran MattyP's tool, then did the wipe from it. Yes, I lost all my texting data but I'm ok w/ that. I'm back on .211 but I don't see a JellyBean update.

EDIT #2: Do I need to reprogram my phone? If so, how?
    Last edited by JOSHSKORN; 12-27-2012 at 04:14 AM.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHSKORN View Post
    I'm not rooted (or at least I don't think I am) but I'm also on .215. What's the best way to get back to .211? How can I save my data (texts, contacts, etc.)?

EDIT: I took a chance and just ran MattyP's tool, then did the wipe from it. Yes, I lost all my texting data but I'm ok w/ that. I'm back on .211 but I don't see a JellyBean update.

EDIT #2: Do I need to reprogram my phone? If so, how?

Go to update 5, follow the link to download zip file, maker sure you are bone stock .211, and have full battery, not rooted

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/12/24...build-98-72-8/
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Links