DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    You CANNOT go back to ICS after this upgrade ... CANNOT
    So MattyP how do you get all the ladies??
    'MattyP' I just offer classes on upgrading their OS...
    Really?? That's it??
    'MattyP' yeah, the chicks love it when you give em an upgrade...

Sig courtesy of jstafford1
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by vman411gamer View Post
    You will have to use 1.82 utility to flash back to .211 and then you will be able to update. Otherwise you cannot. It is quite easy though

(just download the file when you have the time it is huge and takes a long time)
    OK, I installed 1.82, fastbooted phone, ran utility #1, all looked well. Restarted phone and no bloatware. When I did factory reset I had some bloatware back, not emergency alerts and I think some of the Verizon Bloat (navigator, videos, etc...)

I am looking for battery life. I'll admit, im a heavy user, but this battery takes forever to charge, and with heavy use, I can't get through day....ever. I'm used to changing batteries. From what I understand, battery use was noticably better with jelly bean. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Still want to be able to get back to stock across the board and thought a factory reset would do that. Did not realize I did this much damage removing some BS apps.

While using 1.82, I am getting " 'moto-fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." I have downloaded the utility twice. Made sure phone was connected and good. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Again, for what it is worth, the factory reset did not restore some of the bloatware like the emergency alerts. Phone is factory reset, running fine, rooted (yet again), restored everything, went through 1.82 utility in AP mode following all Matt's awesome directions. I also only have 4 options vs. 7. Guessing that's not right either, lol.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by moset View Post
    I hear, according to Matt, who built the utility, it will not work to get you back from this update.
    I suspect there will be a way, but i don't think there is now.

RAZR MAXX
    I was not aware of this :O. Sorry D:
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Ut3jaw View Post
    OK, I installed 1.82, fastbooted phone, ran utility #1, all looked well. Restarted phone and no bloatware. When I did factory reset I had some bloatware back, not emergency alerts and I think some of the Verizon Bloat (navigator, videos, etc...)

I am looking for battery life. I'll admit, im a heavy user, but this battery takes forever to charge, and with heavy use, I can't get through day....ever. I'm used to changing batteries. From what I understand, battery use was noticably better with jelly bean. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Still want to be able to get back to stock across the board and thought a factory reset would do that. Did not realize I did this much damage removing some BS apps.

While using 1.82, I am getting " 'moto-fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." I have downloaded the utility twice. Made sure phone was connected and good. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Again, for what it is worth, the factory reset did not restore some of the bloatware like the emergency alerts. Phone is factory reset, running fine, rooted (yet again), restored everything, went through 1.82 utility in AP mode following all Matt's awesome directions. I also only have 4 options vs. 7. Guessing that's not right either, lol.
    make sure the .bat file you are running is in the same folder as the files it is looking for
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post
    You CANNOT go back to ICS after this upgrade ... CANNOT
    ummmmm........ why not?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by TriciaH View Post
    Why would anyone do this update ON PURPOSE? Its half baked. The swipe to the right of the home screen for music controls is not there. You have to confirm turning the stupid phone off. Extra steps to get to the simple alarm clocks. The computer cannot even FIND the internal storage. All those are renamed - most likely for testing! Not release! And all folders there appear empty. Which tells me haha your stuff is gone. Too bad so sad. More 3G than 4G in a strong 4G area where I never saw 3G kick in. I wish I could turn back the hands of time and get this crap update off my once stellar phone.
    Not sure what you're talking about. My phone is doing and showing everything you say it's not. Music controls I could careless I use poweramp, Don't remember how the ICS alarm was but I had to click ONE thing to get an alarm....WOW ONE CLICK! (I know somethings are so difficult in life), Computer finds internal storage just fine, and all my stuff is where I left it. Used LTE on/off app and 3G came on instantly and 4G works just perfect. So no...not to bad so sad for me, more like WINNING!!
    Last edited by The Stig 04; 12-25-2012 at 11:48 PM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Re: Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

Did yall see there is no weather app in this jelly bean update i installed the razr m homescreen circle widget app and weather app without out root and it works

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx & Droid2
    Quote Originally Posted by jeppes View Post
    Did yall see there is no weather app in this jelly bean update i installed the razr m homescreen circle widget app and weather app without out root and it works

Where did u get the razr m homescreen circle widget app?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Re: Jelly Bean RAZR/MAXX Christmas 2012 Update?

I got it from here i can try to upload it here

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Razr Maxx

Got 1.82 to work via power usb port

Quote Originally Posted by vman411gamer View Post
    make sure the .bat file you are running is in the same folder as the files it is looking for
    Seems it wanted/needed to be plugged into a poper USB port for some reason. Utility is running now though has been stuck on writing 'devtree' ok for about 20 mins so far...should i be concerned or is this normal for it to be stuck at thsi point?

To Be Conintued?...
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Links