DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: screen flickers translucent blue

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx (XT912)

screen flickers translucent blue

Ok, this time I have a serious issue that requires troubleshooting. Occasionally my screen will begin to flicker blue, during this, there is faint horizontal lines present, and I am able to see what is underneath the blue but not clearly. The speed of flickering, if or not the flickering occurs with the blue, how often it occurs, and the frequency of horizontal lines all appear to be random. I have done some research by googling the issue, and it seems this is a known problem, even in the new HD models. Some say its related to temperature, some are saying it is a glitch occuring with the automatic brightness feature. I have turned off automatic brightness adjust and set my own value (about 20%), time will tell if doing that will solve the problem... Of the 2 days I have owned the phone, yesterday I spent the day indoors and encountered the issue maybe 3 times for very short durations, while today I was outside frequently in approximately 0 celcius and the problem was happening much more often. When I got home, the issue has not occured. It might just be in my head, but this seems to support the theory that the issue is related to temperature. Anyhow, I would like to hear what you guys have to say about this... Have any of you encountered it? What is your opinions of the likeliness of the cause here? This phone was purchased on Ebay and the previous owner lived in the USA, I live in Canada. He shipped the phone with only the charger to go with it, no paperwork, so I am not sure if there any warranty options available to me, however he claimed that he owned the phone for approximately a month before selling it.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    156 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Maybe that's why he sold it. That would concern me greatly. I have not had that happen at all, so I don't know if I can help much. Maybe others will chime in
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx (XT912)
    Well it is still doing it... turning the automatic brightness adjuster off didn't do the trick. I called Motorola and they basically said they wouldn't help me because I am in Canada. I still notice it happening more often outside in the cold... Starting to panic now!

If I do a factory reset will the phone still be unlocked?
    Last edited by donjlegacy; 12-13-2012 at 04:03 PM.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    I have the Droid RAZR and have encountered the same problem, this just recently started happening and I have noticed it has a lot to do with temperature because it only does the flickering of the blue screen when it's in a cold area .. But I'm in the same boat as you, I do not know how to stop it
  6. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    It's a known issue.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr

droid razr translucent blue screen flicker

my phone did the same thing, during cold weather it would start flickering a translucent blue on the bottom of the screen and as you used it more and more it would go away.. I finally figured out a solution .. turn your screen brightness settings off of automatic brightness and turn your screen brightness all the way up keeping it like that and eventually it stops doing it after 1 or 2 days
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx (XT912)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBYL0V3 View Post
    my phone did the same thing, during cold weather it would start flickering a translucent blue on the bottom of the screen and as you used it more and more it would go away.. I finally figured out a solution .. turn your screen brightness settings off of automatic brightness and turn your screen brightness all the way up keeping it like that and eventually it stops doing it after 1 or 2 days
    I just spent $20 to mail my phone to Motorola (I had to pay shipping to them, they covered return shipping), they returned it without fixing the issue at all... I will never own another Motorola product.

When you say it stops doing it, does that mean you can turn the brightness back down after a couple days and the issue will stay gone? I like having brightness on a low setting for when I play with my phone in bed, and a higher brightness when I am outside taking photos of fish I catch or random nature stuff... Automatic brightness is a dumb feature so I am fine with scrapping it.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    It's a known issue.
    A known issue that is never officially addressed-probably never will be. I had the issue and was offered every "bandaid" fix you care to dream of. Got a replacement Maxx that had no screen issue but now a false 0 battery issue on the replacement. Thanks a lot for the replacement phone-Not. Lot's more offers of bandaid fixes relative to the false 0 battery that never have worked.

So I have what I call a "cautiously functional" scenario. Phone is works great because my usage is minimal as I'm never sure when the false 0 battery will shut my phone off.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Thumbs up droid razr translucent blue screen flicker fixed

Quote Originally Posted by donjlegacy View Post
    I just spent $20 to mail my phone to Motorola (I had to pay shipping to them, they covered return shipping), they returned it without fixing the issue at all... I will never own another Motorola product.

When you say it stops doing it, does that mean you can turn the brightness back down after a couple days and the issue will stay gone? I like having brightness on a low setting for when I play with my phone in bed, and a higher brightness when I am outside taking photos of fish I catch or random nature stuff... Automatic brightness is a dumb feature so I am fine with scrapping it.

You can turn the brightness back down to low without a problem, worked for me, hope it works for you too! #TeamAndroid

Links